how to use ColorCandleBull()?

Hi, I want to program an indicator just like the candlesticks style in main chart. So, how to use

ColorCandleBull() to define the color of a candlestick? 

itibet:

Hi, I want to program an indicator just like the candlesticks style in main chart. So, how to use

add: can find the mt5's  *.mq5  of candlesticks indicator?

Look at custom indicator ColorCandlesDaily in standard delivery. It might be helpfull.
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

alexvd:
Look at custom indicator ColorCandlesDaily in standard delivery. It might be helpfull.

thanks.  

In mq5's doc, it says

ColorCandleBull (Set Method)
Sets new value for "ColorBarBull" property.
bool ColorCandleBull(
color new_color // new color for bull candle body
)
Parameters
new_color
[in] New color of the bull candle body.
Returned value
true if successful, false if color hasn't changed.

but in the MetaEditor, "ColorCandleBull"  does not change color, it seems this function don't exist?

itibet:

Hi itibet,

Beside what Alexvd point at, here's several sample of candles with color thing :

1. https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/customind/indicators_examples/draw_candles

2. https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/customind/indicators_examples/draw_color_candles

3. Heikin Ashi in MetaEditor is probably what you need to get started. ;) 

Have fun :)

:D 

Documentation on MQL5: Custom Indicators / Indicator Styles in Examples / DRAW_CANDLES
  • www.mql5.com
Custom Indicators / Indicator Styles in Examples / DRAW_CANDLES - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: