Problem to open "mql5buy" link in Firefox (MT5 under Linux system)

To add comments, please log in or register
Florent
Florent  

Hello,

I'm running MT5 over Wine emulation plateform for Linux Ubuntu and everything works fine except the redirection from www.mql5.com website. When clicking a link to buy a product, subscribe a signal or downloading free version of an EA then Firefox say there is no application associate with mql5buy protocol.

It looks to be related with the mimeTypes.rdf file in my Firefox profile. I also have a Windows system running on my PC so I've copy some part of the file mimeTypes.rdf (file of the Windows Firefox) to my Linux Firefox but still I'm unable to do anything with MQL5 products.

Could you please tell me how I can solve this issue ?

Regards,

Daniel Stein
Daniel Stein  
Florent:

Hello,

I'm running MT5 over Wine emulation plateform for Linux Ubuntu and everything works fine except the redirection from www.mql5.com website. When clicking a link to buy a product, subscribe a signal or downloading free version of an EA then Firefox say there is no application associate with mql5buy protocol.

It looks to be related with the mimeTypes.rdf file in my Firefox profile. I also have a Windows system running on my PC so I've copy some part of the file mimeTypes.rdf (file of the Windows Firefox) to my Linux Firefox but still I'm unable to do anything with MQL5 products.

Could you please tell me how I can solve this issue ?

Regards,

As far is know the MQL5 market uses the Internet Explorer engine.

Florent
Florent  
I register a new protocol in my mimeTypes.rdf by editing the original version and adding the lines that are in the Windows version of the file. Now I can see the terminal is launch but that's all. It cannot handle products of market place: (
Daniel Stein
Daniel Stein  
Florent:
I register a new protocol in my mimeTypes.rdf by editing the original version and adding the lines that are in the Windows version of the file. Now I can see the terminal is launch but that's all. It cannot handle products of market place: (

Why so complicated if you run a Windows system anyway?

To add comments, please log in or register