Why is there only 2 months of M1 historical data (from the history centre) available for stocks, indexes and commodities? But somehow the M1 graph history goes back for 20 years?

HI,

I dont understand why I can scroll back 20 years on stocks, commodities and index on the M1 scale and read the data but then when I go into the history centre only 2 months worth of M1 data is available.. how is this possible?

Surely the M1 graph data is powered/sourced by the data in the history centre? If thats the case then why isnt it available to download?

If that isnt the case, then where does the M1 graph data come from?

I have noticed that 20 year FX data is available in the history centre, but for indexes, stocks and commodities, only 2/3months max is available.. why???

Any explanation would be great.

Talk to your broker, they provide the data.

Hi I have the same problem.

For this reason I use a script to collect the M1 data for the index future(s) in an Excel file, to analyse the past price movements.

But it's very disappointing that you can't import this data back into MT5.

snelle_moda:

For this reason I use a script to collect the M1 data for the index future(s) in an Excel file, to analyse the past price movements.

The OP question is about MT4.

Metaquotes is working on MT5, data import will be available.

snelle_moda:

Hi,

what does your script do exactly? Does the script pull the M1 data from the graph into an excel file?

Does the script work on MT4?

Thanks

Alain Verleyen:

The OP question is about MT4.

Metaquotes is working on MT5, data import will be available.

Hi,

The script he talks about.. how does it work and would it work for MT4?

MT4 already has an import function so If I made a similar script could I pull the data and then import it? I dont understand where the script is getting the M1 data from in the first place.. the graph?

thanks

Alain Verleyen:
Talk to your broker, they provide the data.

Also do you know any brokers that provide large time periods in the history centre for stocks etc?

Also, in reference to the mans MT5 script (above post), is it a script that pulls data from the graph to the excel or?

Reason: