How to download more symbol minute data to mt4 using history centre (automatically)

Hi guys,

I need to back test 5 years worth of data but I am having trouble obtaining/retrieving the data to MT4, it seems the default data stored in the history centre of mt4 is 1 month (on the minute scale) - i require 5 years.

I thought at first this meant that MT4 did not store any more than the month of data, but I found that I can manually add the minute data from 5 years ago (please see example pictures) manually but I dont know how to get it to add all of the minute data for the last 5 years automatically.. obviously, doing it manually would take ages.

Also, I can scroll back on the US30 chart on the M1 setting right back to 2001, so the minute data is definitely there, how can I download it?

You can see by the pictures below, the minute data for DJ30 (US30) automatically only goes back to 28.8.2015. you can also see at the bottom where I have manually added two minute data points, one from 2014 and one from 2010.

Since ive been able to add the minute data points from these previous years, the full yearly minute data must be there somewhere... how can I download it all without having to click each minute manually?

It must be there somewhere, its really frustrating!

Any advice would be great, and please check the photos to illustrate the problem im having!

Thanks

Files:
Example1.JPG  157 kb
Example2.jpg  152 kb
example3.JPG  133 kb

it can be downloaded from from may websites like www.fxdd.com etc and then import the txt file to terminal . . . . . will work

i have face the same problem yesterday then i ask the broker then they tell me to download history center. data from 2001-2015 is available. may be 1971-2015 my also be available 

abdul salam:

it can be downloaded from from may websites like www.fxdd.com etc and then import the txt file to terminal . . . . . will work

i have face the same problem yesterday then i ask the broker then they tell me to download history center. data from 2001-2015 is available. may be 1971-2015 my also be available 

great thanks..

could you link me the link for the SP500 index M1 data file as I cant find it?

Reason: