Strategy Tester, using M1 data on M5 period

Hi All

I have downloaded a year worth historical data and they are in M1 format, I would like to test my strategy on M5. I imported them into history centre under M1, and when I run my test on M5, it complaints that it doesn't have data on M5.

how may I convert them into M5 please?

Regards

luckyvictor:

Hi All

I have downloaded a year worth historical data and they are in M1 format, I would like to test my strategy on M5. I imported them into history centre under M1, and when I run my test on M5, it complaints that it doesn't have data on M5.

how may I convert them into M5 please?

Regards

Hi,

maybe it just need recalculate/update data into your chart.

after once you have downloaded history, then repeat it once again (download again), and answer yes/ok on a confirmation to recalculate/update the time and price.

after that, please refresh your chart to all time frame (M1, M5 and so on).

I did it, and it works  ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Yohana Parmi:

Hi,

maybe it just need recalculate/update data into your chart.

after once you have downloaded history, then repeat it once again (download again), and answer yes/ok on a confirmation to recalculate/update the time and price.

I did it, and it works  ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

I have my data imported into MT4, and when I clicked on download, it did nothing but saying no more to download.

luckyvictor:

I have my data imported into MT4, and when I clicked on download, it did nothing but saying no more to download.

ohh.. I don't know why it happen on your terminal.

but btw, try just once ..  to refresh your chart for all time frame after download history, and try your strategy tester again.

Yohana Parmi:

1. Refreshing the chart downloads 2K bars from your broker. It does not use the M1 data.
  2. Use the period converter on the M1 data to create the other timeframes. On MT4 they are separate files.
Reason: