solved.

solved. I thought there was enough money in the account when there was not. sorry for bothering.

nahlert:

Hello, 

Yesterday I added a VPS using the initial free 24 hours as this was the only choice MT4 would let me select.
Today I was waiting for it to expire so I could pay for the service as usual.
Once it did expire I went through the same proceedings only to find that MT4 will not let me select any of the other option as it is stuck on "5 minutes of evaluation period remaining."
I have waited quite a while now to make sure it would not just go away by itself with no luck.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled MT4 which also did not work.
I am using an Oanda account running MT4 through Parallels on a Mac as well.

Any help with this ever frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi

Someone else had this problem last week but I don't recall seeing a solution from him. You will need to report it to the service desk. Would be good if you could reply here once you have a solution for any one else who has the same problem. Cheers

I had more of my funds frozen than I had thought which wasn't leaving me with enough to purchase any of the VPS options from my MQL5 account. I also was thinking that it would pull the funds from my trading account. Do not know why. Brain error. Anyways, simply fix at least for me. 

nahlert:
I had more of my funds frozen than I had thought which wasn't leaving me with enough to purchase any of the VPS options from my MQL5 account. I also was thinking that it would pull the funds from my trading account. Do not know why. Brain error. Anyways, simply fix at least for me. 
Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for reporting back ;-)
Reason: