Connection Failed [6]

Hello everyone! Is there a program, script, anything that would restart MT4 in the event of a connection failure / datacenter connection failure? My MT4 will at time lose connection but will reestablish the connection about half of the times. The other half, the connection will not reconnect and I am dead in the water until I manually restart MT4. This can be a costly malfunction if I have a trade running when the connection is not reconnected. Any information you have on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jrbayse:

Hello everyone! Is there a program, script, anything that would restart MT4 in the event of a connection failure / datacenter connection failure? My MT4 will at time lose connection but will reestablish the connection about half of the times. The other half, the connection will not reconnect and I am dead in the water until I manually restart MT4. This can be a costly malfunction if I have a trade running when the connection is not reconnected. Any information you have on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The first question is why do you have these loss of connection. It should be a rare thing. Is it on your own computer, on a VPS...  ?

Then if you need t restart MT4 to re-establish a connection, that doesn't seem a normal behaviour. You should contact the ServiceDesk.

Finally to restart your MT4 you need an external script, or using DLL calls, I don't have a link but you should search/ask on mql4.com site.

Hope that helps.

Alain Verleyen:

The first question is why do you have these loss of connection. It should be a rare thing. Is it on your own computer, on a VPS...  ?

Then if you need t restart MT4 to re-establish a connection, that doesn't seem a normal behaviour. You should contact the ServiceDesk.

Finally to restart your MT4 you need an external script, or using DLL calls, I don't have a link but you should search/ask on mql4.com site.

Hope that helps.

I use a VPS that has approximately a 6.5 ms latency to the server. I will search for an external scrip as you suggest. Thanks!

I have the same problem.  I have three MT4 terminals running on my VPS.  Brief connection failures are relatively common (for a few seconds) and occasionally one of the terminals will not reconnect.  Manually trying to log in again does not fix it - only restarting the terminal.  Last time was at 4:00 in the morning, so it was off-line until I restarted it 5 hours later!

Did you get anywhere with this, or is it still a mystery?

Wayside48:

I have the same problem.  I have three MT4 terminals running on my VPS.  Brief connection failures are relatively common (for a few seconds) and occasionally one of the terminals will not reconnect.  Manually trying to log in again does not fix it - only restarting the terminal.  Last time was at 4:00 in the morning, so it was off-line until I restarted it 5 hours later!

What does the journal-log say? Have you talked to your broker? Is it a real account or a demo (they might be set not that correctly at broker's side?)?

Wayside48:

I have exatcly the same problem as described by Wayside48 and jrbayse.

I'm pretty sure its not VPS or broker issue but rather than MT4 issue. It has happen to me on diffrenet VPS and diffrenet brokers. Have contacted service desk but no answer as of yet.

Have you found a solution for this?

Cheers

Carl Schreiber:
What does the journal-log say? Have you talked to your broker? Is it a real account or a demo (they might be set not that correctly at broker's side?)?

Real accounts on 2 diffrenet brokers.

Log file says:

Datacenter connecting failed [6]

connect failed [No connection] 

The connection is fine because I can scan the servers and see good connection 1-2 millisecond ping but still not possibe to connect. Only connects when MT4 is restarted.

Can it be a problem of the VPS, ask the support whether they can see why the connection works after a restart but then stopps?

2017.05.23 01:13:37.723 '#####': order was opened : #11018078 sell stop 0.05 XAUUSD at 1246.05 sl: 1249.97 tp: 1181.10
2017.05.23 01:21:37.965 '#####': datacenter connecting failed [6]
2017.05.23 01:22:00.544 '#####': connect failed [No connection]
2017.05.23 09:23:01.488 Main pumping: timeout on stop

6 terminals running simultaneously to same broker but different accounts. Only 1 random terminal/account loses connection permanently until restarted about once a week. The other terminals do not even experience any disconnect at all, no errors in their journals at all so internet and connection are fine.

Anyone have a script already made to monitor the actual datacenter connection and send an alert when not connected for the time being? I tried to use FXBlue account monitor but it reports the updates even when its terminal is disconnected from its datacenter. 

Benjamin Dixon:
2017.05.23 01:13:37.723 '#####': order was opened : #11018078 sell stop 0.05 XAUUSD at 1246.05 sl: 1249.97 tp: 1181.10
2017.05.23 01:21:37.965 '#####': datacenter connecting failed [6]
2017.05.23 01:22:00.544 '#####': connect failed [No connection]
2017.05.23 09:23:01.488 Main pumping: timeout on stop

6 terminals running simultaneously to same broker but different accounts. Only 1 random terminal/account loses connection permanently until restarted about once a week. The other terminals do not even experience any disconnect at all, no errors in their journals at all so internet and connection are fine.

Anyone have a script already made to monitor the actual datacenter connection and send an alert when not connected for the time being? I tried to use FXBlue account monitor but it reports the updates even when its terminal is disconnected from its datacenter. 

I got what you need but not allow to mention here. PM me if you are interested.
Reason: