Download MetaTrader 5

Connection Failed [6]

To add comments, please log in or register
jrbayse
jrbayse 2015.09.01 16:49 

Hello everyone! Is there a program, script, anything that would restart MT4 in the event of a connection failure / datacenter connection failure? My MT4 will at time lose connection but will reestablish the connection about half of the times. The other half, the connection will not reconnect and I am dead in the water until I manually restart MT4. This can be a costly malfunction if I have a trade running when the connection is not reconnected. Any information you have on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2015.09.01 19:56  
jrbayse:

Hello everyone! Is there a program, script, anything that would restart MT4 in the event of a connection failure / datacenter connection failure? My MT4 will at time lose connection but will reestablish the connection about half of the times. The other half, the connection will not reconnect and I am dead in the water until I manually restart MT4. This can be a costly malfunction if I have a trade running when the connection is not reconnected. Any information you have on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The first question is why do you have these loss of connection. It should be a rare thing. Is it on your own computer, on a VPS...  ?

Then if you need t restart MT4 to re-establish a connection, that doesn't seem a normal behaviour. You should contact the ServiceDesk.

Finally to restart your MT4 you need an external script, or using DLL calls, I don't have a link but you should search/ask on mql4.com site.

Hope that helps.

jrbayse
jrbayse 2015.09.01 20:09  
Alain Verleyen:

The first question is why do you have these loss of connection. It should be a rare thing. Is it on your own computer, on a VPS...  ?

Then if you need t restart MT4 to re-establish a connection, that doesn't seem a normal behaviour. You should contact the ServiceDesk.

Finally to restart your MT4 you need an external script, or using DLL calls, I don't have a link but you should search/ask on mql4.com site.

Hope that helps.

I use a VPS that has approximately a 6.5 ms latency to the server. I will search for an external scrip as you suggest. Thanks!
Wayside48
Wayside48 2017.02.16 10:21  

I have the same problem.  I have three MT4 terminals running on my VPS.  Brief connection failures are relatively common (for a few seconds) and occasionally one of the terminals will not reconnect.  Manually trying to log in again does not fix it - only restarting the terminal.  Last time was at 4:00 in the morning, so it was off-line until I restarted it 5 hours later!

Did you get anywhere with this, or is it still a mystery?

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2017.02.16 10:35  
Wayside48:

I have the same problem.  I have three MT4 terminals running on my VPS.  Brief connection failures are relatively common (for a few seconds) and occasionally one of the terminals will not reconnect.  Manually trying to log in again does not fix it - only restarting the terminal.  Last time was at 4:00 in the morning, so it was off-line until I restarted it 5 hours later!

Did you get anywhere with this, or is it still a mystery?

What does the journal-log say? Have you talked to your broker? Is it a real account or a demo (they might be set not that correctly at broker's side?)?
To add comments, please log in or register