Using EA "Strategy Test" with data for the current day: Is it possible?

I have tried to test my ES systematically and compared with the results obtained in a demo account.
Invariably, the results have been very different, yet have slowly detected the reasons and I learn about what I expected in fact the results of a onLine account.

However, this has been a very time consuming task, as the "Strategy Test" does not work with the current day's results, so I have to wait until the next day to make the comparison with results using "Strategy test"

Does anyone know if you can use the current day's data on the "Strategy Test"?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Gelli:
I have tried to test my ES systematically and compared with the results obtained in a demo account.
Invariably, the results have been very different, yet have slowly detected the reasons and I learn about what I expected in fact the results of a onLine account.

However, this has been a very time consuming task, as the "Strategy Test" does not work with the current day's results, so I have to wait until the next day to make the comparison with results using "Strategy test"

Does anyone know if you can use the current day's data on the "Strategy Test"?

Thanks in advance.

You answered your self.

This is a long story. If you do not mind you can read discussion of similar theme on the russian forum (using the built-in translation).

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Проблема: тестирование исключает последний день

Stanislav Korotky, 2010.10.05 15:32

Наблюдаю такое поведение тестера - последний неполный день не тестируется, несмотря на заданный диапазон дат. Например, если текущая дата 21-ое, и выбран диапазон дат тестирования с 1 по 30 текущего месяца (т.е. нужно использовать все доступные котировки), то тестирование идет лишь по 20-е включительно, а всё, что есть за 21-е число игнорируется. Может есть опция? Или это баг? В МТ4 такого не было. По идее все бары выбранного таймфрйема должны быть доступны для тестирования.

Stanislav Korotky:

This is a long story. If you do not mind you can read discussion of similar theme on the russian forum (using the built-in translation).

Thanks for the link. But the current answer is still "you can't use current day data". Right ?

Alain Verleyen:
Thanks for the link. But the current answer is still "you can't use current day data". Right ?
That's a bit strange. The latest answer from Renat (permalink) was that they think to (possibly?) add the possibility to include all available data if ending date for testing is specified in future. Yet this seems to be not implemented until now.

Stanislav Korotky:
That's a bit strange. The latest answer from Renat (permalink) was that they think to (possibly?) add the possibility to include all available data if ending date for testing is specified in future. Yet this seems to be not implemented until now.
This feature would be very useful.
Who likes to wait one day to give results that are in front of the nose?

Stanislav Korotky:

I know, that's why I asked you, as you are longer than me. Maybe they do it at this time but remove it later ? Anyway since I am using MT5 (January 2013) it works like now : not possible to test on day data.

Maybe you can ask to Renat on Russian forum ?

even if it was possible, you can ask your self would it be useful ?

you might as well run a live test over the current day.

or you just discard the entire back tester and only do live market tests if your interested in real results.

Alain Verleyen:

I know, that's why I asked you, as you are longer than me. Maybe they do it at this time but remove it later ? Anyway since I am using MT5 (January 2013) it works like now : not possible to test on day data.

Maybe you can ask to Renat on Russian forum ?

I've just created a task (#1285048) in the service desk. That seems more reliable and appropriate place.

They answered no, without any justification.

Stanislav Korotky:
They answered no, without any justification.

The justification is probably what Rosh and Stringo said in the old topic : they want backtest to produce always the same result when you don't change settings.

Anyway thank you for your try.

Reason: