vps trouble

Hi guys

I have a ea that I want to run on a vps but I am having difficulty setting up the vps. I went trough all the steps to migrate and to synchronize the vps with my mt4 account but it does not seem to be working. The EA works when my pc is on it enters and exits trades but not when I turn the pc off. Then it is suppose to run on the vps. The EA works on a renko chart so I need to use a EA to open the renko chart and then apply my EA to the renko chart. It only uses a %R indicator. Like I said it runs on my pc but not on the vps. The vps seems not to be active because the vps does not show any cpu activity. I also do not know if I have to upload the EA'S to the vps and how to do it.

If I synchronize the vps I get a message that says virtual hosting status is started but it stil does not take any trades.

Your help would be appreciated

Samson007

samson007:

Hi guys

I have a ea that I want to run on a vps but I am having difficulty setting up the vps. I went trough all the steps to migrate and to synchronize the vps with my mt4 account but it does not seem to be working. The EA works when my pc is on it enters and exits trades but not when I turn the pc off. Then it is suppose to run on the vps. The EA works on a renko chart so I need to use a EA to open the renko chart and then apply my EA to the renko chart. It only uses a %R indicator. Like I said it runs on my pc but not on the vps. The vps seems not to be active because the vps does not show any cpu activity. I also do not know if I have to upload the EA'S to the vps and how to do it.

If I synchronize the vps I get a message that says virtual hosting status is started but it stil does not take any trades.

Your help would be appreciated

Samson007

Hello samson007,

Is the indicator located locally on your machine or is it being compiled as a #resource inside the Expert Advisor?

Regards,
Malacarne 

Rodrigo Malacarne:

Hello samson007,

Is the indicator located locally on your machine or is it being compiled as a #resource inside the Expert Advisor?

Regards,
Malacarne 

Hello Rodrigo

I assume you are talking about the %R?  It is compiled as a resource inside the EA

samson007:

Hello Rodrigo

I assume you are talking about the %R?  It is compiled as a resource inside the EA

Hello samson007,

You said the EA works on a Renko chart... The Renko is an indicator itself... Is it also compiled as a #resource inside your EA ?

Regards,
Malacarne

Rodrigo Malacarne:

Hello samson007,

You said the EA works on a Renko chart... The Renko is an indicator itself... Is it also compiled as a #resource inside your EA ?

Regards,
Malacarne

Hi no it is not. I have to run a renko builder and then my ea on the renko chart

samson007:
Hi no it is not. I have to run a renko builder and then my ea on the renko chart

ok, then that might be the problem...

Regards,
Malacarne 

ok and how do I solve the problem??

Hello everybody... Instead of creating a new topic, I follow this one... because problem with vps sounds like a general problem... :)

Well... here it is... I d like to run an EA with the virtual server provided by the mt4 platform..... I put all the indicator, the EA on the chart...everything I need to trade.... the EA was running... I did the migration... I got an error message about communicator.ex4 and a DLL issue that makes the migration impossible... so I delete the comunicator files... The migration was fine... The EA on my chart disabled (but as I know from the video, it's the normal way...)

On my platform, the chart is running with all the indicators... well... here is the problem... on the chart I can see that the indicators give me opening signals... but no position opens....whereas it should ? (from the "vps")  could someone help me ? I think I did something wrong but I dont know what... One more thing... The EA is running on an offline chart with renko bars...

selgtrader2:

Hello everybody... Instead of creating a new topic, I follow this one... because problem with vps sounds like a general problem... :)

Well... here it is... I d like to run an EA with the virtual server provided by the mt4 platform..... I put all the indicator, the EA on the chart...everything I need to trade.... the EA was running... I did the migration... I got an error message about communicator.ex4 and a DLL issue that makes the migration impossible... so I delete the comunicator files... The migration was fine... The EA on my chart disabled (but as I know from the video, it's the normal way...)

On my platform, the chart is running with all the indicators... well... here is the problem... on the chart I can see that the indicators give me opening signals... but no position opens....whereas it should ? (from the "vps")  could someone help me ? I think I did something wrong but I dont know what... One more thing... The EA is running on an offline chart with renko bars...

As far as MQL5 VPS and EAs are concerned, make sure you've done everything as in here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/323859#comment_13463647

I can't help you with Renko offline charts EA.

Hello... thank you so much for your answer... but I still have DLL issues with the migration... here is what I get when I want to migrate the platform...

The problem is that the EA is running with this MeanRenko Chart.... :(

Anyone could have an idea ?

Sorry for that but I am a beginner with this kind of things... :(

Files:

Hello please see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/rules#part_IV

If a program launched on a Virtual terminal tries to call a function from any DLL, this EX4/EX5 program is immediately stopped due to a critical error.

Any DLL calls are forbidden.

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual Hosting Service offers for rent MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 virtual terminals located on Virtual Hosting Cloud network servers.  The Virtual Hosting service is available to registered users of MQL5.com aged 18 and older. Use of Virtual Hosting service means that a User has accepted and agreed to these Rules of using the service. User...
Reason: