VPS Questions - New Order

1. When using VPS, do I need to keep my computer on?

2. When does the log file begin to populate?  I've been on for 30 minutes and nothing in the log.

3. Anyone have any experience to share?

1. Not

2. Did you really look at the logs?
The logs are here: Virtual Platform Logs

----------------

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details # Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk # Virtual Platform Logs # In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired...

ewise:

1. When using VPS, do I need to keep my computer on?

2. When does the log file begin to populate?  I've been on for 30 minutes and nothing in the log.

3. Anyone have any experience to share?

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EA or signal subscription in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recorded after your first synchronization.

If you need to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 chart, 1 EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

If its a signal that you want to synchronize, you setup your signal settings at MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Signals tab and then synchronize with your MQL5 VPS server (right click) >> Synchronize signal only.

After the synchronization you check your MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you have the following message: 0 charts, 0 EAs, 0 custom indicators, signal enabled.

Thank you all... Great info... Looks like I'm up and running.
Reason: