vps trouble - page 2

Ok thank you for your answer... So If I understand well, I wont be able to run this EA on a because because it's running with an indicator which calls a dll file ?  oh no ..... :-(

Correct.

But it's not the end of the world.

You can use many other (Renko) systems that run without DLL needs.

Hello !! Well !! It is the end of my world.... :) (just joking...)

Well, that's strange because sometimes, when I do the migration I get the message about the ddl files;, and sometimes not... But I still have a problem obviously... I did the migration and the EA works fine on  "traditionnal charts" i.e on a M1,H1,H4 etc... but not on Renko Chart charts... that's sad, because the EA is optimized to run with Renko...

I am using 2 differents Renko tools... no commercials at all, just to notice you that with both of them, no position opens after the migration whereas it works fine on local platform...

Has someone here encountered the same problems and found a solution ?

Renko is just a calculation.

It does not need a chart.

The chart part is solely for manual visualization purposes.

So you either trade Renko as EA, without a chart, or you trade Renko manually, with a chart.

It doesn't really make sense to autotrade Renko from a chart.

I know that Renko is just a calculation not based on time... only on price... My EA uses indicators with Renko chart that gives entry and exit signals which are different  than signals I could get with a traditionnal chart based on time... I hope it's understandable.. :)

here is for example an indicator I use for the EA... It can give entry signals only based on price...
Files:
Sans_titre.png  19 kb

You do not need that chart to autotrade that strategy.

It's keeping track of movement in steps or bricks which is done by calculations.

That chart is just the visual output for the eye.

You can use a EA with the embedded Renko calculation directly, and omit the indicator completely. 

No indicators needed, no dll's needed.

Ok.. I guess I got it..So if I understand well, I have to modify the code of the EA to make it run on a traditionnal chart but to behave just like it does with the renko offline chart... right ?

Hi there,

Greetings! I understand when I was choosing to rent a VPS with my MT4 platform , you will give me also a VPs for MT4.  Instead,  you gave me a  Signal for MT5.  I don't know if this is the reason  why I tried to copy signals from MT4 were all incompatible or failed!

Muchmore, the uncontrollable EA (QFX) that I bought won't stop trading even when I switched off the auto trade and a lot more just to stop it! Please , can you look  into this matter. Thank you in advance!

Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
A showcase of successful trading strategies with automated copy trading

Ma Loen L Guaiana:

Hi there,

Greetings! I understand when I was choosing to rent a VPS with my MT4 platform , you will give me also a VPs for MT4.  Instead,  you gave me a  Signal for MT5.  I don't know if this is the reason  why I tried to copy signals from MT4 were all incompatible.

Muchmore, the uncontrollable EA (QFX) that I bought won't stop trading even when I switched off the auto trade and a lot more just to stop it! Please , can you look  into this matter. Thank you in advance!

When you are trying to subscribe to a signal with a MT4 terminal and trading account you can only see and subscribe to MT4 signals, the same for MT5.

The same applies to MQL5 VPS, if you subscribed with a MT4 trading account and terminal, you were given a MT4 server and nive versa for MT5.

Reason: