W1/MN periods

Why is W1 considered to be period 10080? This is based on a seven day week while the trading week itself is only period 7200 (5 days). I'm making a template using several period converter charts and a few instances of an MTF indicator. I just realized the 10080 and the 43200 period from MN are using the wrong amount of data. Should they not be 7200 and 28800 respectively to account for the 48 hours (2880) of time not traded over the weekends? The MTF indicators are side by side and I need to make sure these two time frames will not be using redundant/incorrect data.

Thanks in advance.

-R

ra457 :

Why is W1 considered to be period 10080? This is based on a seven day week while the trading week itself is only period 7200 (5 days). I'm making a template using several period converter charts and a few instances of an MTF indicator. I just realized the 10080 and the 43200 period from MN are using the wrong amount of data. Should they not be 7200 and 28800 respectively to account for the 48 hours (2880) of time not traded over the weekends? The MTF indicators are side by side and I need to make sure these two time frames will not be using redundant/incorrect data.

Thanks in advance.

-R

Well I'm not sure why this is the case, but it seems MT4 already accounts for this difference in time across the weekends. I'm not quite sure how this works, but it seems to. I created a D5 period and it was creating bars on Saturdays! Anyway, does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks...

Should the W1 period be 120 or 168 when using periodconverter.mq4?

-R

Reason: