[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 355

drknn:

The order ticket is the order number on the server. The ticket is assigned to the order when it is opened. It is assigned by the server. What happens to the ticket if the number has become large, it depends on the settings of the server. In general, why do you need this information? What problem can it solve?

Tickets are written to a file and if they are reset on the server, they will also need to be reset in the file, so I will know if they are really reset on the server or if they will go up to 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

sss2019:

The tickets are written to a file, and if they are reset on the server, they will need to be reset in the file as well, so I will find out if they are really reset on the server or if they will go up to 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I don't think they will rise above the value of 2147483647. What good is the information about changing the ticket counting point?

Andrew1001:
What to do then? Test on M15 and above?
It is up to everyone to choose, as the tester cannot fully correspond to the real one in any case.
I personally am a supporter of working only on bar openings, such EAs are the least sensitive to quotes and the test results are the closest to the real ones.

Zhunko:
If it's a CSV file, you can do that and delete unnecessary stuff. You can write to a binary file without separators with this function.

Wait, Zhunko!

Don't run away, I'm all about FileWrite( ). Tell me, isn't there some API function to remove "r\n" programmatically?

Thank you for reminding me about FileWriteString(). I'll experiment... it's a pity that it writes data in "string" type... I need Excel to separate the written data into columns afterwards... I'll try putting ";" between the data... maybe Excel will understand them as delimiters.

sss2019:

Tickets are written to a file, and if they are reset on the server, you will need to reset them in the file as well, so I will find out if they are really reset on the server or if they will grow to 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999
If you write your tickets to a file, then even if they do get reset on the server, you won't have to reset anything - you'll never get a repeatable ticket. Therefore all your tickets will be unique.

GygaByte:

Please help me to understand... as a test program I'm using Alert message output at the right time, but for some reason it doesn't output...

Simplified it to the level of Hallo word, just to output Alert once... still does not output...

Thanks in advance.

I don't think Alert will pop up during testing. Better print the message in Print or throw your code on the current trade for Alert's output.

paladin80:
I don't think Alert will pop up during testing. Better output the message to Print or throw your code on the current trade to output the Alert.
During testing in the tester all Alert's are output to the tester log with the message: Alert: Your message

paladin80:
In my opinion, during testing Alert wouldn't pop up. Better output the message in Print or throw your code on the current trade to output Alert-a.

I must have expressed myself incorrectly. By testing I meant that the compiled EA (which just outputs Alert 1 time) overlaid on the current trade - doesn't work.

What's weird, if I put Alert in init() or deinit() the message goes out, but in start() it doesn't...

GygaByte:

I must have expressed myself incorrectly. By testing I meant that the compiled EA (which just outputs Alert 1 time) overlaid on the current trade - doesn't work.

And what's strange, if I put Alert in init() or deinit(), the message goes out, but in start() it doesn't...

Print your own Alert without conditions and see. There's no such thing as a miracle. Also display the values of the flags responsible for outputting the alert in the comments

I have Windows 7 and when I create an EA it is there in the terminal but not in explorer.

Does anyone know why this happens ?

Reason: