Indicators: Hull Moving Average (HMA)

Hull Moving Average (HMA):

Hull Moving Average (HMA) that can change its color. HMA is used for determining market entries and exits.

The indicator principle is quite simple: when the price moves upwards, the line is colored in violet, when the price goes downwards, the line color changes for red.

The indicator color may change at the current bar, therefore, its main function is not a color but the price location. If the price is lower than the indicator line, there is probably a downtrend, if the price is higher than the indicator line, there is probably an uptrend.

Hull Moving Average

Author: Nikolay Kositsin

Hull Moving Average Technical Indicator

read more here:  Indicators: Custom Moving Average

Thank you very much for providing the exellent indicators to the community. Especially colored HMA is my favorite. It helps me to improve the quality of trading.

Since I'm a newbee on mql5, could you help me out with 2 things:

1. I'd like to modify the colored HMA so that it DOES NOT calculate every tick. All I need is a calculation based on closed price.

2.I'd like to modify the colored HMA so that it can export the status whether it is now upward or downward.

Could you give me some suggestions? 

Thank you in advance. 

Would you happen to have this same indicator built for MT4?

It did not compile for me.

Guives many errors.

Joao Cunha:

It did not compile for me.

Guives many errors.

Newer/updated version of MQL5/includes/SmoothAlgorithms.mqh cause the error.
Replace your file with attached. If that does not work, try google for some and keep trying. Good luck. 

Files:

In current version of MetaTrader 5, this indicator doesn't work anymore. To fix that, use the attached SmoothAlgorithms.mqh file from Salim instead (note: you need to click "Go to discussion" link to see the attached file)

• www.mql5.com
Hull Moving Average (HMA): Author: Nikolay Kositsin...

How can I belong HMA indicator please

Good evening sir/ma, please I need the HULL MOVING AVERAGE.Kindly help with the file please.

Olusola Oshundun:
Good evening sir/ma, please I need the HULL MOVING AVERAGE.Kindly help with the file please.

Its in the upper left corner of the first post.

Reason: