Flag DLL as safe inside a template?

Hi all,

I have my own EA that uses a Windows DLL. Is it possible to configure this somehow so that it doesn't prompt me to confirm the DLL load every time I load the template? I'm wondering if there is a flag that can be set in the template ini file?

Thanks

What's your platform?

Mac M1 running full wine.

If I load the template, then the EA just doesn't load. Error is logged in terminal saying it won't load the DLL.

If I double click the EA, then it pops up and asks me to confirm the DLL that is going to be loaded. "Load DLLs" is already ticked, it just wants me to click OK.

Rob Perrett #:

Mac M1 running full wine.

If I load the template, then the EA just doesn't load. Error is logged in terminal saying it won't load the DLL.

If I double click the EA, then it pops up and asks me to confirm the DLL that is going to be loaded. "Load DLLs" is already ticked, it just wants me to click OK.

What's your platform MT4 or MT5?

MT5

Who is the developer of your Windows DLL? You need to address this issue to him.

NOTE: the use of Windows DLL with MT5 on a Mac M1 running Wine is bound to encounter issues all the way - guaranteed (above and beyond just DLL).

Can you help me better understand a couple of things please?

- What is the logic behind the popup to warn of DLL use? Is there a way for the dll to be signed or another way that this popup will not happen? Or will it always happen?

- Also, why will the dll use encounter issues? It seems to be running fine without issue but I would like to understand more about this.

Thanks

Warning on DLL - is operating system security measure.
Plus MT5 has its own built-in security measure to control DLLs (additional layer of security).
Plus Wine introduces additional layer of complexity (compatibility issues due to differences in system libraries, API, low-level dependencies etc).

Layer on layer on layer creates room for compatibility issues, security prompts, stability problems, etc. due to the inherent challenges of running Windows components on a non-Windows system through a compatibility layer.

Hope this makes sense.

Last but not least: to survive in markets, months after months, year after year, is already too complex//challenging task, so non-market related components should be much more robust, predictable and reliable.

Yes that makes sense, thanks. So there is no way to bypass the popup confirmation?

Rob Perrett # :
Yes that makes sense, thanks. So there is no way to bypass the popup confirmation?

For safety reasons, the DLL is automatically disabled when the template is changed.

Rob Perrett #:

There is no simple fix - it's possible that your popup DLL is not fully compatible with Wine or macOS. 

Once again, better ask the DLL developer.

Reason: