Moving MT4 from another VPS to MQL5 VPS

I am currently running an EA I purchased at mql5.com on a different VPS. I want to switch to the mql5 VPS. I understand the migration etc. instructions. My questions pertain to what happens after the installation is done:

1. As I will cancel the old VPS, how to I monitor the EA? Do I install a new MT4 with the EA on my laptop which then serves as a 'window' to the virtual MT4 and EA installed on mql5 VPS?

2. How can I temporarily turn off auto-trading (I read that turning auto-trading off on e.g. my laptop would not work).

3. Does the mql5 VPS with all EA's that are available on mql5.com?

I apologize for my ignorance.

Thank you.

There is the instruction about how to buy EA(s) with MQL5 VPS so some questions are already answered there:

How to buy, install, test and use a MT4 Expert Advisor
How to buy, install, test and use a MT5 Expert Advisor

• Eleni Anna Branou
  • www.mql5.com
Here is a step by step guide for buying, installing, testing and using a Metatrader 4 Expert Advisor (Robot, Bot are whatever): 1...

Thank you for your quick response, Sergey.

However, the links provide detailed instructions on how to set up the MQL5 VPS, but do not really answer my questions. Maybe I should re-phrase them:

- Once the switch is completed, how do I view the trades etc. on the virtual MQL5 VPS? Once the switch is done, I would cancel the previous VPS. Do I install MT4 on my laptop (as I will no longer use the MT4 on the old VPS) and just enter my broker account making sure auto-trading is off? Will it show the trades etc.?

- Can I control the trades in any way (turn off trading, sell trades in case of a draw down)?

- Can I assume that all EA's being sold on mql5.com are working with mql5 VPS? The seller of one EA that I purchased on mql5 was not sure about the answer. Another EA that I purchased outside mql5.com specified that it would not work with mql5 VPS due to DLL settings.

Thanks again.

thomaslampe65 #:

Thank you for your quick response, Sergey.

However, the links provide detailed instructions on how to set up the MQL5 VPS, but do not really answer my questions. Maybe I should re-phrase them:

- Once the switch is completed, how do I view the trades etc. on the virtual MQL5 VPS? Once the switch is done, I would cancel the previous VPS. Do I install MT4 on my laptop (as I will no longer use the MT4 on the old VPS) and just enter my broker account making sure auto-trading is off? Will it show the trades etc.?

- Can I control the trades in any way (turn off trading, sell trades in case of a draw down)?

- Can I assume that all EA's being sold on mql5.com are working with mql5 VPS? The seller of one EA that I purchased on mql5 was not sure about the answer. Another EA that I purchased outside mql5.com specified that it would not work with mql5 VPS due to DLL settings.

Thanks again.

In MQL5 VPS you can monitor your EA by checking the MQL5 VPS (right click in the Navigator window) >> Journals (check the last steps 21-22 in the above guides).

The trades will be visible in your trading account, so you can login into it through your desktop or mobile MT4 terminal and keep an eye on them.

You can manage your trades manually I guess, if your EA is not opening them again, that depends on how it is coded.

All EAs that are sold in MQL5.com Market should work in MQL5 VPS, since dll calls are not allowed in any EA that is uploaded in the Market.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

In MQL5 VPS you can monitor your EA by checking the MQL5 VPS (right click in the Navigator window) >> Journals (check the last steps 21-22 in the above guides).

The trades will be visible in your trading account, so you can login into it through your desktop or mobile MT4 terminal and keep an eye on them.

You can manage your trades manually I guess, if your EA is not opening them again, that depends on how it is coded.

All EAs that are sold in MQL5.com Market should work in MQL5 VPS, since dll calls are not allowed in any EA that is uploaded in the Market.

Thank you, Eleni. Once I have completed the migration to the mql5 VPS, can I cancel my previous VPS and close the MT4? Reason being is that I do not want to pay tow VPS'.

Then in order to monitor the virtual mql5 VPS, can I then download MT4 from my broker onto my laptop (which will not be continuously running as I now have the mql5 VPS) and log into me broker account? For this, do I need to reinstall the EA, or just log into the broker account?

thomaslampe65 #:

Thank you, Eleni. Once I have completed the migration to the mql5 VPS, can I cancel my previous VPS and close the MT4? Reason being is that I do not want to pay tow VPS'.

Then in order to monitor the virtual mql5 VPS, can I then download MT4 from my broker onto my laptop (which will not be continuously running as I now have the mql5 VPS) and log into me broker account? For this, do I need to reinstall the EA, or just log into the broker account?

Yes, when you migrate successfully to your MQL5 VPS, I guess you can cancel your other VPS.

In order to monitor your MQL5 VPS you can login into your trading account and MQL5 account (MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community) in your laptop's MT4 terminal and right click on your MQL5 VPS >> Journals to check that everything runs smoothly once in a while.

You don't need to install your EA for that.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, when you migrate successfully to your MQL5 VPS, I guess you can cancel your other VPS.

In order to monitor your MQL5 VPS you can login into your trading account and MQL5 account (MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community) in your laptop's MT4 terminal and right click on your MQL5 VPS >> Journals to check that everything runs smoothly once in a while.

You don't need to install your EA for that.

Great - thank you!!!!!
Reason: