WHY has the ability to use signals to demo accounts been removed???? - page 4

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.02.07 19:27

Once we complete the next stage of reform of the signal service, we will move on to online creation of signal portfolios and change the principles of money management.

But safety will remain a priority.

but I do not have it even on my real account. the signal button is grey out also on my Real account of 1000$.

Any solution?

Arman Saberi #:

but I do not have it even on my real account. the signal button is grey out also on my Real account of 1000$.

Any solution?

Make sure that your real account is not a cent account and that you've logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with your armansaberi1 login.

If you have a true real account with $1000 in it, then something is corrupted with your MT4/5 terminal or you are not using the correct custom MT4/5 terminal from your broker.

Download the custom branded MT4/5 terminal from your broker's website, install it and login into your trading account.

Don't use the MT4/5 terminal of another broker.

i beliebe metaquotes official has their new thought of the signal plan.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Make sure that your real account is not a cent account and that you've logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with your armansaberi1 login.

If you have a true real account with $1000 in it, then something is corrupted with your MT4/5 terminal or you are not using the correct custom MT4/5 terminal from your broker.

Download the custom branded MT4/5 terminal from your broker's website, install it and login into your trading account.

Don't use the MT4/5 terminal of another broker.
I tried all. 
I am not Cent account, I am real account 1000$. 
I am logged in to community. 

who is in charge to solve this problem? any support? 

Armansaberi2 #:
I tried all. 

No one knows about your trading account (demo, contest, cents, etc.), about - did you fill Community tab of Metatrader or not, about the build of your Metatrader, about - your broker is supported this Signal service or it is prohibited by broker, and more.
You know it only. And because of that - you only can estimate the situation about it (the service desk will not help you with that).

read more in details:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.01.17 12:07

Along with the release of MetaTrader 5 this Friday, there will be the following changes:

1. Support for signals on any non-real accounts (demo, contest, cents, etc.) for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 is completely removed
  2. The ability to register demo or private signals on the site is removed
  3. The ability to create free signals is removed
  4. MQL5 functions SignalsXXXX are abolished; they return empty data and the code ERR_MQLAPI_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED
  5. Signals can only be created by users who have received seller status

With these steps we will clear the service of garbage, free up a lot of resources and create a clean storefront.

The next step will be to reform the terms of the account with a signal subscription :

1. Any copiers are prohibited - they are the ones who stole our signals service
  2. Connections with read only passwords are prohibited - this is how they are stolen from other people’s copy trading services
  3. All MQL5 functions will produce empty open positions/orders/trade history - copiers will be useless
  4. Inability to bypass these conditions by connecting from other copies of terminals

This will improve the quality of the service.

Armansaberi2 #:
I tried all. 

Did you ask your broker about it?

Did you ask them if they offer Signals?

Some brokers don't support the Signals service.

Also why did you create a second MQL5 account?

This is against the rules and you can get banned.

Fernando Carreiro #:

he next step will be to reform the terms of the account with a signal subscription :

2. Connections with read only passwords are prohibited - this is how they are stolen from other people’s copy trading services
  3. All MQL5 functions will produce empty open positions/orders/trade history - copiers will be useless
  4. Inability to bypass these conditions by connecting from other copies of terminals

Hi Fernando!

Do you know if the next step deployed already?

the next step will be to reform the terms of the account with a signal subscription :

Unquote

Cheers!

Fernando Carreiro #:

That is not true!

Demo accounts don't even have the Signals option/tab active in MetaTrader so you can't subscribe at all (I'm assuming you are using a current build of MetaTrader and not some old incompatible build).

Also, for signal providers, when creating signals, it also does not allow it.

But it is possible to move a active subscription to a demo account (unfortunately) at the MQL5 Signals -> My Subscription page. What I did, since I discovered this blog only later on. If you do, you are stuck as mentioned, for a week and because on the demo account MT4 terminal the Signal option is not there and can thus not be activated, you loose a week, because you can do such things only ones per week.
Reason: