this app can't run on your pc error !!!???? please help

Hi

please after last update everytime i fail to install mt4 or mt5
upon clicking the exe file it always gives me this blue screen error:

this app can't run on your pc error !!!????

I have tried three different pc with three different windows operating systems 8, 10, 11
with no success

so now i cant use metatrader anymore !!!????

and old posts here in forums with this problem did not mention a solution....

we really need help here guys.

also i have tried all mentioned solutiin all over the web like security editing options. S mode option. even registry editing option. all failed

we need new and real solution metatrader company !!!!!

Make sure that your computer is having the one of the latest Windows version (Windows 10 or Windows 11) with 64-bit system (because Windows with 32-bit system can not be used for Metatrader 5).

Some more information (which may be related to your issue ... and may be not):

----------------

1. WebView2
It is required for the latest build of Metatrader the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to be installed so look at this post about HowTo.

----------------
2. Error 12029
According to google:
"Error "12029" is a WinHTTP error code that indicates that a socket connection failed because encrypted communication could not be established".

And it is some decision from Microsoft about how to fix it:

To resolve this problem, enable TLS 1.2 support on Windows 7. To do this, follow the guidance in the following Knowledge Base article, and then, restart the computer:
Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows

Blank screen when try to view new trading reports - How to download the MT5 from Microsoft's Edge webview section and find out if there are anything more or different that I should
Blank screen when try to view new trading reports - How to download the MT5 from Microsoft's Edge webview section and find out if there are anything more or different that I should
  • www.mql5.com
Com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/#download-section. Many terminal functions use microsoft edge webview2 to be able to display html content. The platform will continue to use mshtml under windows 7 and wine, but the new features will not be available

morxxx:
i fail to install mt4 or mt5

MT4?
MT4 can be installed on old computers .... it is really something wrong with your computers.
Because MT5 is having big system requirements, and MT4 - not (for example: MT4 can run on 32-bit systems because MT4 is 32-bit system software).

So, it is related to your computers which should be fixed.

Did you download MetaTrader from a trusted source? Because MT4 is from 2005 and MT5 is from 2010, it should run on basically any system. So the problem isn't likely to be your computers, especially if you tried 3 different ones, but rahter the file you downloaded isn't legitimate (it's a virus/rootkit/etc.) or it's somehow corrupt.

James McKnight #:
Did you download MetaTrader from a trusted source? Because MT4 is from 2005 and MT5 is from 2010, it should run on basically any system. So the problem isn't likely to be your computers, especially if you tried 3 different ones, but rahter the file you downloaded isn't legitimate (it's a virus/rootkit/etc.) or it's somehow corrupt.

i have tried five mt4 exe files from my different five brokers. all give same error??
and yes it drives me crazy as i can not find where is the problem. now i am forced to use mt4 on my android phone. and i really miss it on my pc :(

Sergey Golubev #:

MT4?
MT4 can be installed on old computers .... it is really something wrong with your computers.
Because MT5 is having big system requirements, and MT4 - not (for example: MT4 can run on 32-bit systems because MT4 is 32-bit system software).

So, it is related to your computers which should be fixed.

i have tried all my pcs and labtops even microsoft tablets. all give same error

Sergey Golubev #:

Make sure that your computer is having the one of the latest Windows version (Windows 10 or Windows 11) with 64-bit system (because Windows with 32-bit system can not be used for Metatrader 5).

Some more information (which may be related to your issue ... and may be not):

----------------

1. WebView2
It is required for the latest build of Metatrader the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to be installed so look at this post about HowTo.

----------------
2. Error 12029
According to google:
"Error "12029" is a WinHTTP error code that indicates that a socket connection failed because encrypted communication could not be established".

And it is some decision from Microsoft about how to fix it:

To resolve this problem, enable TLS 1.2 support on Windows 7. To do this, follow the guidance in the following Knowledge Base article, and then, restart the computer:
Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows

i already have last versions. and tried webview solution with no success. also i think it is not about the socket as the exe file does not even open...

thank you guys for your responses. but any more suggestion will be helpful. i really appretiate that........

morxxx #:
thank you guys for your responses. but any more suggestion will be helpful. i really appretiate that........

- did you try to turn off your antivirus for moments and then try to install? I had antivirus issue couple of years ago and solved through a post from forum.

may be not safe to turn your antivirus off! think about risks then check.

There is one thread with discussion about this issue and about how the other users fixed it -
"This App Can't Run on Your PC" - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

"This App Can't Run on Your PC"

Mauro Longone, 2018.09.15 14:27

I had the same issue with MT5.
After trying many things unuccesfully, I launched Microsoft system fix utility, as suggested on MS forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc/d4869176-98fa-45b7-baf9-23c083335148

I opened a Command Prompt as administrator and ran "sfc /scannow", rebooted and now everything works again, with File Explorer being correctly launched again.

"This App Can't Run on Your PC" - I'm trying to add expert indicators on my PC, but I don't want any roadblocks preventing me from using tools that should be
"This App Can't Run on Your PC" - I'm trying to add expert indicators on my PC, but I don't want any roadblocks preventing me from using tools that should be
  • www.mql5.com
I'm trying the basic task of adding expert indicators, which requires that i go to file > open data folder. I'm just getting started in trading and i don't want any roadblocks preventing me from using the tools that should be available to all of us

nothing solve the problem. by the way here are links to mentioned exe

also any exe file from https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/
gives the same error

can anybody check this exe and tell me the problem guys ???
is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Reason: