I cant download MT5 ERROR message: '' This app can't run on your pc''

I have been struggling to Download MT5. When I try to download it I get the error message '' This app can't run on your pc''.

I have a 64 bit windows 11.

I have tried alot of thing clean boot, disabling all off windows security including windows firewall. I tried in cmd sfc scannow. Turn on develepor setting in windows. Nothing seems to help. Also I have looked up online and there isnt any fix for this.

After 2 weeks of trying alot of solutions I give up. 

If some had the same issue and knows a fix for this please share it with me/us.

Kind regards, Xippio.

What is your hardware architecture?

Are you perhaps running an ARM based Windows 11?

From where are you downloading MT5?

Top 6 Ways to Fix This App Can’t Run on Your PC Error in Windows 11
Top 6 Ways to Fix This App Can’t Run on Your PC Error in Windows 11
  • Pankil Shah
  • www.guidingtech.com
Do you keep getting the ‘This app can’t run on your PC’ error while opening apps and programs on Windows 11 computer? If you’re lucky, you might be able to fix the error by simply restarting your computer. However, if that doesn’t work, you’ll need to investigate the error message and take the necessary steps to resolve it. Compatibility...

Fernando Carreiro #:

What is your hardware architecture?

Are you perhaps running an ARM based Windows 11?

From where are you downloading MT5?

Hi Fernando, I do not run an ARM based Windows 11. 

I tried to download it from the official website: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/download 

also from my brokers website both dont seem to work. 

Download the MetaTrader 5 trading platform for free
Download the MetaTrader 5 trading platform for free
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 offers a wide variety of functions for the modern forex and exchange market trader: Full set of trading orders for flexible Forex, Stocks and other securities trading Two position accounting systems: netting and hedging Unlimited amount of charts with 21 timeframes and one-minute history of quotes; Technical analysis with over 80...

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

Try this: https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-error-in-windows-11/

Hi Miguel, 

Thank you for the suggestion. I already tried all of the 6 mentioned fixes in the video. I am hopeless at this moment. Web based mt5 sucks might, need to get used to it ughh.

Cagri Adanur #: I do not run an ARM based Windows 11. 

That may be so, but you did not answer the question. What are your hardware specifications?

Remember that we cannot see your computer or read your mind. If you want us to be able to offer sensible advice, you will need to provide some more details.

Simply saying that it "does not work", does not help us identify possible reasons, if you don't provide some context.

For example, did you look into the Windows Event log to see what it reports?

Can you provide a screenshot of the displayed message?

At what stage during the installation does the message appear?

etc.

Fernando Carreiro #:

That may be so, but you did not answer the question. What are your hardware specifications?

Remember that we cannot see your computer or read your mind. If you want us to be able to offer sensible advice, you will need to provide some more details.

Simply saying that it "does not work", does not help us identify possible reasons, if you don't provide some context.

For example, did you look into the Windows Event log to see what it reports?

Can you provide a screenshot of the displayed message?

At what stage during the installation does the message appear?

etc.

You are right. 

When I try to open the mt5 file, I instantly get a blue notification. I never had mt5 downloaded on my pc before. I did have mt4 but deleted it from my pc thinking that was causing the issue, which it wansnt. 

this is the blue message I get (picture 1) "This app cant run on your pc''

my hardware specs: (see picture 2)

Im am not very familiar with Windows Event log but please see picture 3,4,5 for what it reports. 

I appreciate your help. Thank you. 

Just as update ... also check if your Windows is in S mode ... Switching out of S mode in Windows

Windows 10/11 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10/11 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Just as update ... also check if your Windows is in S mode ... Switching out of S mode in Windows

Windows 10/11 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10/11 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

I have tried that aswell doesnt help.( see picture below from my pc)  I have given up, looked for so many solutions tried pretty much anything I found on youtube, forums etc noning helped. anyway thanks for the support Fernando.

Files:

Insane that there is still no solution to this problem, many more people experience the same as me and no solution stil..... 

Found a solution myself after countless stuff I tried. 

Solution that worked for me: Wiped SSD and reinstalled windows 11. That's it. I know this isn't the best solution because you don't want to lose your data, but it works. 

If you really want the application and you also have tried every possible solution there is and it still doesn't work, this than might be your only option. 

Good luck. 

Reason: