AI as a tool for freelancers

Hello everyone

During this time, I was engaged in a very limited circle of programming activities. However, I found that the code automatically generated by artificial intelligence systems is easy to debug even if I don't have enough experience working in that programming language and that type of project in general. What is your experience of using these tools?

Do you think programmers can use these tools to increase their job opportunities?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to make a mql5 EA with OpenAI

Icham Aidibe, 2023.02.23 21:11

Let's ask chatgpt what it thinks about using itself to generate code, here's the answer : 

------

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize how we create software, but it should not be used to generate code and programs. AI is a powerful tool that can be used for many tasks, including automating mundane programming tasks or helping developers with bug fixes. However, AI-generated code and programs are inherently unreliable due to their lack of human oversight and understanding.

The main reason why artificial intelligence should not be used for generating code and programs is because there could potentially exist hidden flaws in the outputted result which may only become apparent after extensive testing or use in production environments. This makes it difficult for humans to detect any errors before they cause problems down the line; even if an error is detected at some point during development, fixing it can take significantly more time than if a human had written the program from scratch instead of relying on an automated solution like chatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer). Furthermore, since AI algorithms have no way of knowing what kind of data will eventually need processing by their generated codes/programs - meaning they cannot anticipate future changes - this means that such solutions are likely less robust than those created manually by experienced programmers who understand both current requirements as well as potential future ones better than machines do. 

In conclusion, while Artificial Intelligence has great potential when applied correctly within software development projects – particularly when automating mundane programming tasks – its limitations mean that using automation tools like chatGPT to generate entire pieces of code or full applications should generally be avoided unless absolutely necessary due its inherent unreliability compared with manual coding done by experienced professionals.

------

MetaEditor, Open AI and ChatGPT  - summary discussion thread about new feature in MT5 and MetaEditor
MetaEditor, Open AI and ChatGPT - Test version of MQ5 Copilot in beta 3647
MetaEditor, Open AI and ChatGPT - Test version of MQ5 Copilot in beta 3647
  • www.mql5.com
Test version of mql5 copilot in beta 3647. In today's beta version 3647, we've included the first version of copilot, a feature to enhance the editor's ability to write code. Besides, let's be honest, copilot is the poorest of all the candidates

Yashar Seyyedin: During this time, I was engaged in a very limited circle of programming activities. However, I found that the code automatically generated by artificial intelligence systems is easy to debug even if I don't have enough experience working in that programming language and that type of project in general. What is your experience of using these tools?Do you think programmers can use these tools to increase their job opportunities?

Experienced programmers will have no need for the AI generated code.

And if I were a customer, I would not want to work with a freelance coder that is unable to code for themselves.

Yashar Seyyedin:

Do you think programmers can use these tools to increase their job opportunities?

I can't see any reason why AI would increase job opportunities. If anything, it will decrease job opportunities as programming becomes easier.

If you make it so I can ask AI "program me a MQL bot that trades whatever variable with a SL of X and TP of Y" that's not going to increase your job opportunities as a programmer. I'm less likely to hire you at that point.

James McKnight #:

I can't see any reason why AI would increase job opportunities. If anything, it will decrease job opportunities as programming becomes easier.

If you make it so I can ask AI "program me a MQL bot that trades whatever variable with a SL of X and TP of Y" that's not going to increase your job opportunities as a programmer. I'm less likely to hire you at that point.

The thing is automatically generated code is not good enough and needs a touch by a skilled coder. On the other hand the coder can engage in more tasks.

Yashar Seyyedin #: The thing is automatically generated code is not good enough and needs another touch by a skilled coder.

And if they are a skilled coder, why would they use A.I. generated code in the first place, if they then have to spend time to debug and fix it?

So, an unskilled or newbie coder would use A.I., but would then be unable to fix it ...

... and a skilled or experienced coder would not need it nor waste their time with it.

The end result is that it is currently useless.

Fernando Carreiro #:

And if they are a skilled coder, why would they use A.I. generated code in the first place, if they then have to spend time to debug and fix it?

So, an unskilled or newbie coder would use A.I., but would then be unable to fix it ...

... and a skilled or experienced coder would not need it nor waste their time with it.

The end result is that it is currently useless.

Being a skilled coder in mql does not mean that you are a skilled coder in pine. But also it makes you more than a newbie. Here the AI tools can help the coder to engage in pine jobs also until they get skilled in pine. Definitely when they have enough skills in pine they wouldn't use those tools.

Yashar Seyyedin #:
Being a skilled coder in mql does not mean that you are a skilled coder in pine. But also it makes you more than a newbie. Here the AI tools can help the coder to engage in pine jobs also until they get skilled in pine. Definitely when they have enough skills in pine they wouldn't use those tools.

The concept of a good/experienced programmer is not tied to a programming language in any way. A good programmer is distinguished by thinking (including abstract thinking), experience in solving various problems and designing program architecture. The programming language and its syntax do not matter.

I think that a good programmer, when changing a language, will prefer to familiarize himself with the documentation (syntax), he already knows everything else, there is absolutely no need for the “help” of artificial intelligence.

Yashar Seyyedin:

It would be cool if everyone who uses artificial intelligence to generate code wrote about it on their resume. In this way, it would be possible to save recruiters’ time by considering the resumes of only those developers who can cope without artificial intelligence.

Vladislav Boyko #:

The concept of a good/experienced programmer is not tied to a programming language in any way. A good programmer is distinguished by thinking (including abstract thinking), experience in solving various problems and designing program architecture. The programming language and its syntax do not matter.

It would be cool if everyone who uses artificial intelligence to generate code wrote about it on their resume. In this way, it would be possible to save recruiters’ time by considering the resumes of only those developers who can cope without artificial intelligence.

Much appreciated.
Another issue is we are already very much relying on Google search to cope with challenges in programming. I can't see why we are so opposed to AI.
Note: I haven't used AI so far. Maybe if I use it I will agree more.

Yashar Seyyedin #:
I can't see why we are so opposed to AI.

If you want to develop, then you should force your own intelligence to work, not an artificial one. If you don't want to develop yourself, then you shouldn't be programming.

It would be very difficult for a person to achieve significant success if he does not enjoy the work process. If a person enjoys programming, then he will not generate code using artificial intelligence.

It's my personal opinion.

My statements are of a general nature and are not directed at you or anyone else personally.

Reason: