suffix .a

My broker has said that the currency pairs have a suffix .a requirement. This is IC Markets. I am wondering IF anyone can tell me what I need to do to change my code to work in their system. Otherwise I will have to find a new broker. 

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Graham David Allen: My broker has said that the currency pairs have a suffix .a requirement. This is IC Markets. I am wondering IF anyone can tell me what I need to do to change my code to work in their system. Otherwise I will have to find a new broker. 

Many brokers use a prefix or suffix with the symbol name. Depending on the EA, you may have no need to change anything.

If your EA works on the current chart symbol, then no changes are needed.

If your EA is multi-symbol, then it probably has input parameter with a list of symbols which you can set.

If you need more explanation, then you will have to describe your EA functionality in more detail regarding the issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Many brokers use a prefix or suffix with the symbol name. Depending on the EA, you may have no need to change anything.

If your EA works on the current chart symbol, then no changes are needed.

If your EA is multi-symbol, then it probably has input parameter with a list of symbols which you can set.

If you need more explanation, then you will have to describe your EA functionality in more detail regarding the issue.

Hi Fernando,

Sorry I didn't realise there were folders and sections. That will make things easier.

I think that my provider adds .a at the end of the currency pairs but the error I get is:

2023.11.10 11:36:19.388 WinningSystemLong (EURUSD,M5) CTrade::OrderSend: market buy 0.10 EURUSD sl: 1.06016 tp: 1.07116 [unknown retcode 10044]

When I raised this with the provider, they mentioned the .a suffix.... and then referred me to my programmer, which is me and I have no idea what to do. Would I put a .a after _Symbol, like this _Symbol.a or this _Symbol".a"? 

Graham David Allen #: 10044

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes

TRADE_RETCODE_CLOSE_ONLY

The request is rejected, because the "Only position closing is allowed" rule is set for the symbol

This means that for that symbol or trading account, you are only allowed to close positions.

You will need to resolve the issue with the broker, but it has nothing to do with the ".a" suffix at all.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes
  • www.mql5.com
Trade Server Return Codes - Codes of Errors and Warnings - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: