Formatting Question on EA Description Page

Hi, 

I've written the description for my EA, but i cannot get the gaps between the lines to go and the text to be normal layout, as it seems to make the description page look really long.

I am sure it is something simple i have missed. 

Thanks in advance 

James Seal: I've written the description for my EA, but i cannot get the gaps between the lines to go and the text to be normal layout, as it seems to make the description page look really long. I am sure it is something simple i have missed.

Hi

If you mean the one line gap that is the normal way of display . I don't like it either , i prefer hitting shift+enter but leave it this way to not "harm" the rating .

consult the guidelines for formatting too . (IV:10)

PS: The picture of your product , its good , but you can convey more by placing a red circle on the "discovered" point and have a pseudo popup (visible from phones) with a list , as if the ea is looking for a pattern to match it with , can also add a search icon followed by 3 dots.

Rules of Using the Market Service (mql5.com)
Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Hi

If you mean the one line gap that is the normal way of display . I don't like it either , i prefer hitting shift+enter but leave it this way to not "harm" the rating .

consult the guidelines for formatting too . (IV:10)

PS: The picture of your product , its good , but you can convey more by placing a red circle on the "discovered" point and have a pseudo popup (visible from phones) with a list , as if the ea is looking for a pattern to match it with , can also add a search icon followed by 3 dots.

Rules of Using the Market Service (mql5.com)

Thanks and didn't realise it would affect the product rating, i guess i will leave it as it is.

I just saw other description with out the line gap and personally i thought it looked better.

Also thanks for the tips, i will look into them as there hasn't been as much interest as i was hoping for 

James Seal #:

Thanks and didn't realise it would affect the product rating, i guess i will leave it as it is.

I just saw other description with out the line gap and personally i thought it looked better.

Also thanks for the tips, i will look into them as there hasn't been as much interest as i was hoping for 

I agree , i like the compressed version too , but maybe its because we are young .

A small checklist of things you can do : 

• Youtube videos on several languages , in your native language it would be optimal if the video was a presentation not a trailer , link that to the product page , it will help its views count , and then you will get a dynamo effect where youtube will be pumping your product page and your product page will be pumping the youtube video.
  • Translation of the description into other languages (and add on top that its from a translation service)
  • Have 4 rolling posts on your profile (you can schedjule them) spanning 5 hours apart more or less and shift them by an hour daily.You can edit the posts and not recreate them maintaining the "likes" and comments.
  • Mql5's twitter account probably posted about your product , so you can send your peers to like and retweet that post 
  • Create a restricted demo , compile it with the cloud compiler , go and post it along with the video on ForexFactory's commercial section BUT beware you will be banned from all other sections of the site once you do that.

James Seal #: Thanks and didn't realise it would affect the product rating, i guess i will leave it as it is. I just saw other description with out the line gap and personally i thought it looked better. Also thanks for the tips, i will look into them as there hasn't been as much interest as i was hoping for 
  1. Instead of making each sentence a separate paragraph, hence the extra white-space, keep the related sentences together to make it a longer paragraph.
  2. If needed, use line-breaks instead of paragraph-breaks (see next point).
  3. Switch to the HTML view so you can have better control over the format of your text. Do some research on HTML formatting.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

I agree , i like the compressed version too , but maybe its because we are young .

A small checklist of things you can do : 

• Youtube videos on several languages , in your native language it would be optimal if the video was a presentation not a trailer , link that to the product page , it will help its views count , and then you will get a dynamo effect where youtube will be pumping your product page and your product page will be pumping the youtube video.
  • Translation of the description into other languages (and add on top that its from a translation service)
  • Have 4 rolling posts on your profile (you can schedjule them) spanning 5 hours apart more or less and shift them by an hour daily.You can edit the posts and not recreate them maintaining the "likes" and comments.
  • Mql5's twitter account probably posted about your product , so you can send your peers to like and retweet that post 
  • Create a restricted demo , compile it with the cloud compiler , go and post it along with the video on ForexFactory's commercial section BUT beware you will be banned from all other sections of the site once you do that.

Very helpful advice, appreciated.

With my posts i add the latest progress for each signal but to do this i have to do a new post each time, as the pic needs changing, not sure there is a way around this.

But i see your point and could make a general pic and repost it every day (varying it by the hour as suggested). I will also do the youtube video and upload shortly (with my limited video editing skills haha).

What is the benefit of the restricted demo for ForexFactory?

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. Instead of making each sentence a separate paragraph, hence the extra white-space, keep the related sentences together to make it a longer paragraph.
  2. If needed, use line-breaks instead of paragraph-breaks (see next point).
  3. Switch to the HTML view so you can have better control over the format of your text. Do some research on HTML formatting.

Thanks and i found that when detailing what each parameter on the EA could do i had to list them on each line and as there is quite a few this made the page feel longer than it needed to be, but if it will affect the product rating i guess i will leave the paragraph breaks 

But i will do some research on HTML commands and use this on the future edits

Cheers  

James Seal #:

Very helpful advice, appreciated.

With my posts i add the latest progress for each signal but to do this i have to do a new post each time, as the pic needs changing, not sure there is a way around this.

But i see your point and could make a general pic and repost it every day (varying it by the hour as suggested). I will also do the youtube video and upload shortly (with my limited video editing skills haha).

What is the benefit of the restricted demo for ForexFactory?

You are providing instant access to a demo , no need for the hassle of logging in mql5 and downloading it from there and trying to log in to mt5 etc . It's not hard (doing these things) but if its instantly available it matters. You can do that on your product here too , have an instant demo (dont forget restricted and dont forget cloud compiled) in a blog post and link to that file upload in your blogpost (thus not breaking the 3rd party link rule).(in the demos don't forget to link out to the product page and your social media , only in the demos tho).*Also a bit more traffic there ,and also people might want to run that demo in the tester , consider that too.

If its a progress pic you could have a gif (where you add a frame each day) and yeah you'd be right to create a new post in that case . 

Lorentzos Roussos #:
cloud compiled

Thanks and much appreciated 

Reason: