Is it possible for a broker to modify Tick Data?

There is a discrepancy in some entries of the Trading Journal of a Demo Account with that of the broker. Is it possible for a broker to modify Tick Data?

cybercrimeconsultant:
There is a discrepancy in some entries of the Trading Journal of a Demo Account with that of the broker. Is it possible for a broker to modify Tick Data?

Anything is possible.

Discussion about brokers is not allowed in the forum though.

Your question makes no sense. Can you modify your own words? Your broker is the source of your tick data, they create it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Anything is possible.

Discussion about brokers is not allowed in the forum though.

That's not exact and it would be nice for the moderators to understand and apply the spirit of the rule. Honestly I am tired to read this "Discussion about brokers is not allowed on this forum".

The old rules which are not even reachable with a "live" link on this site by the way (try to find a link you can click on which will lead you to these rules), were :

1. Please be polite when communicating on this website. Refrain from statements that may offend or insult other users.
  2. Negative discussions of any banking, brokerage and other financial institutions are not allowed.
  3. Any discussions about personal relations between the community members are not tolerated.
  4. Coarse language, advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden.
  5. Repeated violation of the Rules, ignoring moderator's remarks and open disrespect for the website Administration will lead to an account termination.
  6. The website Administration may implement any changes to the Rules it deems necessary.

Negative discussion is very different of any discussion in general.

With all due respect Eleni, an other moderators, please apply the rules correctly without your own personal interpretation.The intent of Metaquotes was to avoid any heavy and hot discussions about brokers, that's fine, but in any case it was to avoid technical discussions about how brokers are working.

Thanks.

General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
  • www.mql5.com
General rules, enforced by moderators : ‌...

William Roeder:
Your question makes no sense. Can you modify your own words? Your broker is the source of your tick data, they create it.

Of course it makes sense.

A broker can send ticks date live, and modify them LATER, when they are history. Yes they can, and they do it sometimes.

Alain Verleyen:

That's not exact and it would be nice for the moderators to understand and apply the spirit of the rule. Honestly I am tired to read this "Discussion about brokers is not allowed on this forum".

The old rules which are not even reachable with a "live" link on this site by the way (try to find a link you can click on which will lead you to these rules), were :

Negative discussion is very different of any discussion in general.

With all due respect Eleni, an other moderators, please apply the rules correctly without your own personal interpretation.The intent of Metaquotes was to avoid any heavy and hot discussions about brokers, that's fine, but in any case it was to avoid technical discussions about how brokers are working.

Thanks.

I see your well documented point Alain, but I suppose we follow the 'do not talk about brokers' rule, because if we allow broker discussion, we will not be able to control the positive and negative comments succesfully.

In evey new comment a member may have positive and negative remarks about a broker on the same sentence or paragraph and as you can understand we can't hide or delete, phrases or sentences to satisfy the rules.

Its not nice or smart but there it is.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I see your well documented point Alain, but I suppose we follow the 'do not talk about brokers' rule, because if we allow broker discussion, we will not be able to control the positive and negative comments succesfully.

In evey new comment a member may have positive and negative remarks about a broker on the same sentence or paragraph and as you can understand we can't hide or delete, phrases or sentences to satisfy the rules.

Its not nice or smart but there it is.

Come on. That's not that hard, what are you afraid of ? Why are you caring more about that than Metaquotes ? Doesn't make sense.

I could provide you 10 links easily where there was negative comment about a broker or brokers in general on this forum. The spirit of the rule Eleni ! One negative comment doesn't matter by itself.

This a a topic about what a broker can do with ticks data, there is nothing negative with that, just facts.

Alain Verleyen:

Come on. That's not that hard, what are you afraid of ? Why are you caring more about that than Metaquotes ? Doesn't make sense.

I could provide you 10 links easily where there was negative comment about a broker or brokers in general on this forum. The spirit of the rule Eleni ! One negative comment doesn't matter by itself.

This a a topic about what a broker can do with ticks data, there is nothing negative with that, just facts.

I've never said in this specific topic that its not allowed to discuss the heart of the problem.

I (as you) said, agree that a broker can modify tick data, I only added that discussion about brokers is not allowed to prevent talk about specific brokers that I could see coming.

We are all allowed to write about trading specifics and broker tactics in general, but we shouldn't mention specific brokers, because many members here act as broker representatives (many are) and/or advance brokers interests, as they are affiliates of them in some way. If we leave this window open, many will start accusing one broker for something or praise another for something else and all these may have other motives.

Alain Verleyen: A broker can send ticks date live, and modify them LATER, when they are history. Yes they can, and they do it sometimes.

I agree. I was only thinking about live ticks.

William Roeder:

I agree. I was only thinking about live ticks.

I know. I am even wondering if it's not you who learnt me that.
Reason: