Virtual Server with IG broker

I can't make my virtual server work with my IG account (it's a UK spread betting account). When I migrate an EA with a demo account using a different broker, all is fine, but when I try exactly the same operation except with my live IG account, trades don't open. Anyone else had this problem? And can anyone suggest a solution?

richardadams365:
I can't make my virtual server work with my IG account (it's a UK spread betting account). When I migrate an EA with a demo account using a different broker, all is fine, but when I try exactly the same operation except with my live IG account, trades don't open. Anyone else had this problem? And can anyone suggest a solution?

Move your MQL5 VPS to a different server and migrate again.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Move your MQL5 VPS to a different server and migrate again.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Thank you for the tip - I have just tried this though and it hasn't solved the problem. It still won't open trades. Any other thoughts?

richardadams365 #:

Thank you for the tip - I have just tried this though and it hasn't solved the problem. It still won't open trades. Any other thoughts?

Are you sure that your EA works on real accounts?

Maybe its a demo only version.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Are you sure that your EA works on real accounts?

Maybe its a demo only version.

Yes, completely sure. I've used them on live accounts a lot - I can't understand it at all - the only error message I've had for the Experts section of the virtual server logs is this:

2022.04.25 00:29:50.006 Adams Exceed EA_v3.1 (no close) GER30(£),Daily: unknown symbol name GER30(?) for OrderSend function

richardadams365 #:

Yes, completely sure. I've used them on live accounts a lot - I can't understand it at all - the only error message I've had for the Experts section of the virtual server logs is this:

2022.04.25 00:29:50.006 Adams Exceed EA_v3.1 (no close) GER30(£),Daily: unknown symbol name GER30(?) for OrderSend function

It seems that your EA is trying to trade on a symbol not available in your broker or account.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It seems that your EA is trying to trade on a symbol not available in your broker or account.

Yes that's right - which surely would mean it wouldn't work locally on my laptop, but it does. The only thing that prevents it working is when I migrate it to the virtual hosting. I'm completely stuck. I've spoken to the IG technical team who have said they're going to look into it but I haven't heard anything yet. V frustrating!

Reason: