Can´t Delete PENDING orders by MQL5 bot, neither PYTHON API

Hello everyone.I´ve been experiencing an issue, on my MT5, which seems to be a setting one, but can´t figure out why.

I can´t execute a delete PENDING, non from a MQL5 bot, and from PYTHON API either.Both bots seem to be correctly coded, MQL5´s one compiles well, and works in Backtesting, but when I want to run it on a demo account, it simply does nothing(and no messages in journal at all).And at the other hand,  PYTHON API shots 'Failed to delete pending order 'whatevernumberbe'. Error code: 10013' on IDLE,which on the MT5 journal means ' 2023.10.05 10:07:38.123 Trades '17799267': failed cancel order #0 buy 0  at market [Invalid request]'

• My current settings are:
  • Allow algorithmic trading.ON
  • Allow DLL imports (Potentially dangerous, enable only for trusted applications).ON
  • Allow WebRequest for listed URL:.ON
  • All algorithmic disables options.OFF
  • ,and Algotrading is ON.
  • Python integration ON.

So, if some one has a clue of what could be wrong, I will be very thanked.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Obviously your code is "faulty".

Just look at the output ...

17799267': failed cancel order #0 buy 0  at market [Invalid request]'

Do you really think that is going to be valid?

Fernando Carreiro #: "faulty"

Could be.I have no problem in sharing it , here it is :

PYTHON:

import MetaTrader5 as mt5

# Connect to MetaTrader 5
if not mt5.initialize():
    print("initialize() failed")
    mt5.shutdown()

# Search for pending orders
orders = mt5.orders_get(symbol="XAUUSD", action=mt5.TRADE_ACTION_PENDING)
if len(orders) > 0:
    current_order = orders[0]
    # Delete the pending order
    result = mt5.order_send(
        action=mt5.TRADE_ACTION_REMOVE,
        symbol=current_order.symbol,
        ticket=current_order.ticket
    )
    if result.retcode == mt5.TRADE_RETCODE_DONE:
        print(f"Pending order {current_order.ticket} deleted")
    else:
        print(f"Failed to delete pending order {current_order.ticket}. Error code: {result.retcode}")
else:
    print("No pending orders found")

Improperly formatted code edited by moderator.

It is a simple one.What do you think?

In the future, please use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.

Code button in editor

I'm not a Python coder, but where exactly in the documentation does it mention an "action" parameter?

orders = mt5.orders_get(symbol="XAUUSD", action=mt5.TRADE_ACTION_PENDING)

Fernando Carreiro #: I'm not a Python coder, but where exactly in the documentation does it mention an "action" parameter?

From here:   https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/python_metatrader5/mt5ordercheck_py#trade_request_actions

TRADE_ACTION_PENDING

"Place an order for performing a deal at specified conditions (pending order)."

The code itself doesn't shot error message on IDLE, it identifies correctly the PENDING magic number, and sends the deleting order to MT5, but it is rejected.I'm gonna pass you the MQL5 code in the next message. May it can be more clarifying than the Python one is, and thanks for answering.

You have referenced the documentation for order_check.

I will repeat, where does it say that there is an "action" parameter for orders_get?

There is none, so revise your code to filter for the action after obtaining all the orders.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You have referenced the documentation for order_check.

I will repeat, where does it say that there is an "action" parameter for orders_get?

There is none, so revise your code to filter for the action after obtaining all the orders.

Ok.so you're telling me to print the current PENDING list, then Ask for them to be deleted, and as it is not being done so far, the command it sends is "delete order 0" it means 'None'.Good point. I'll check it out on PYTHON.Now I will share the MQL5 version of 'Deleting PENDING'.I'd like you to check it out, if you please, and thanks in advance.

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>

CTrade trade;

void OnTick()
{
    // Get the account balance
    double Balance = AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE);

// Get the account equity
    double Equity = AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_EQUITY);

// We calculate the Ask Price
    double Ask = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_ASK), _Digits);

// We calculate the Bid Price
    double Bid = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_BID), _Digits);

// if we have at least 1 position
    if (Balance != Equity)
    {
        CancelOrder();
    }
}

void CancelOrder()
{
    // Check all orders
    for (int i = OrdersTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--) // count all currency pair positions
    {
        // Get the ticket number
        ulong OrderTicket = OrderGetTicket(i);

// Delete the pending orders
        trade.OrderDelete(OrderTicket);
    } // End for loop
} // End Cancel Order function

-------------------------

To Backtest the code I add the following lines (and the whole code works on Backtesting only):

{

Print("### PostitionsTotal: ",PositionsTotal(), "OrdersTotal:",OrdersTotal());
// buy stop, 10 microlots, 100 points above Ask, no SL,
// 300 points TP, no expiration, no date, no comment
trade.BuyStop(0.10, Ask+100*_Point,_Symbol,0,Ask+300*_Point, ORDER_TIME_GTC,0,0);

// sell stop, 10 microlots, 100 points below Bid, no SL,
// 300 points TP, no expiration, no date, no comment
trade.SellStop(0.10, Bid-100*_Point,_Symbol,0,Bid-200*_Point, ORDER_TIME_GTC,0,0);

}

---------------------------------------

ElliottWaveStats #: Ok.so you're telling me to print the current PENDING list, then Ask for them to be deleted, and as it is not being done so far, the command it sends is "delete order 0" it means 'None'.Good point. I'll check it out on PYTHON.

I stated no such thing! Your logic is flawed.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I stated no such thing! Your logic is flawed.

So, deeply sorry, I misunderstood your meaning.And what do you think about the  MQL5 code that I passed you??

Where could the errors be?
Reason: