Kill MT4 ?

• 36% (31)
  • 34% (30)
  • 2% (2)
  • 28% (24)
Total voters: 87

If I believe in latest technology and feature, My Vote: Yes please, as soon as possible

If I have 1TB hard disk full of mql4 source code : Never, It will last forever.

If i just registered on mql5 : Maybe, I am undecided

If I have got my mql4 partially migrated to mql5 : Just keep it as it is now, we will see

Alain Verleyen:
  • Yes please, as soon as possible.
    29% (2)
  • Never, it will last forever.
    29% (2)
  • Maybe, I am undecided.
    0% (0)
  • Just keep it as it is now, we will see.
    43% (3)
While MT5 is better in almost everything. I HATE the new mobile interface for MT5. Buttons are too small, not clear enough in dark mode, text is too small. Each time I try to press a button, I press like 5 more with my big fingers. I’m too scared when placing orders on mobile because the buttons are too small.

Don’t get me wrong, functionalities are good, but I prefer MT4’s design 100%. 

My dream would be MT5 with MT4 design on mobile.

On PC… Meh, still waiting for MT5 to offer a way of changing templates and design, to have a more modern looking software, like trading view or MT web

Zaky Hamdoun #:
While MT5 is better in almost everything. I HATE the new mobile interface for MT5. Buttons are too small, not clear enough in dark mode, text is too small. Each time I try to press a button, I press like 5 more with my big fingers. I’m too scared when placing orders on mobile because the buttons are too small.

Don’t get me wrong, functionalities are good, but I prefer MT4’s design 100%. 

My dream would be MT5 with MT4 design on mobile.

On PC… Meh, still waiting for MT5 to offer a way of changing templates and design, to have a more modern looking software, like trading view or MT web

This poll is about the Desktop version. I should have said it.

The mobile version is something else, entirely.

Alain Verleyen #:

This poll is about the Desktop version. I should have said it.

The mobile version is something else, entirely.

Alain Verleyen:
  • Yes please, as soon as possible.
    38% (6)
  • Never, it will last forever.
    25% (4)
  • Maybe, I am undecided.
    0% (0)
  • Just keep it as it is now, we will see.
    38% (6)

Honestly MT4 is the best, and  it can still be updated to keep up with today's tech, I like using them both.   

Definitely keep MT4 (for now), and the reason is simple - Indicators, EAs, and Scripts.

There are hundreds of thousands of satisfied MT4 users who are going to be stranded for no reason. MT5 offers minor upside in functionality and almost unlimited downside due to the incredible lack of 3rd-party EX5's and MQ5's.

It might be feasible with a proper 'End of Life' run-off, giving the MT4 users/community a real incentive to migrate. Metaquotes should fully support any migration process at every step.

Any expiry date on MT4 needs to be specific, communicated, and reviewed. For now, the best option is to do nothing.

i have to revisit mt5 and its codes,to be honest mt5 drew automation 10x backward, maybe trying to protect their work,but its a mess of codes...

to use some code structures , it must be imported with #include

#include <Trade/Trade.mqh>

zero freedom to develop your mind expressively through the code like mt4..

mt5 is just metaquote trying to control or protect their code ,and making it a mess..

even you will tend to loss money trading with mt5 than mt4 cause the candles are not same

viewing on same time frame, so artificially built..changing color and native name on mt4 to

horrible names and tiny..

i encourage them to fizzle out mt5 and start mt6 ,maybe it will look better.. cause mt5 has not what it takes

to be sold for trading..mt4 is still the best and stable version of metaquote..

chukwudi joshua obiekwe #:

i have to revisit mt5 and its codes,to be honest mt5 drew automation 10x backward, maybe trying to protect their work,but its a mess of codes...

to use some code structures , it must be imported with #include

#include <Trade/Trade.mqh>

zero freedom to develop your mind expressively through the code like mt4..

mt5 is just metaquote trying to control or protect their code ,and making it a mess..

even you will tend to loss money trading with mt5 than mt4 cause the candles are not same

viewing on same time frame, so artificially built..changing color and native name on mt4 to

horrible names and tiny..

i encourage them to fizzle out mt5 and start mt6 ,maybe it will look better.. cause mt5 has not what it takes

to be sold for trading..mt4 is still the best and stable version of metaquote..

It seems you have no idea what you are talking about. There is absolutely no obligation to use the Standard Library (aka "Trade.mqh").

In MQL5, you actually have much more control and the freedom to do things which you can't do in MQL4.

Please learn to properly code in MQL5. Don't critique it based on your own lack of knowledge about it.

At first I was very reluctant to use MT5, I didn't find it pleasant to use. I didn't understand coding in any way.  But 10 days after deciding to migrate to MT5 I started to see many advantages.  

For example, being able to use the computer network to optimize EAs has saved me about 50 days of waiting in just 4 months.  

I definitely think there are many more advantages than disadvantages.  

The speed of the terminal is higher by using some more advanced algorithms.  And why not say that MT5 has a modern and visually attractive interface.  

MT4 doesn't bother me at all, just as those who want to travel by horse cart don't bother me. 

I will leave MT4 when Metaquotes wake up and remember bring some functions from MT4 to MT5:

-Multiple indicators while using strategy tester on the fly.

-custom symbol trading.

Enrique Enguix #:

MT4 doesn't bother me at all, just as those who want to travel by horse cart don't bother me. 

Do we have a list of features in MT5 that are noticeable improvements on MT4 before calling it a horse cart? I mean frontend Improvements that entice a standard user to switch from MT4?

I had a play around with MT5 all week and it feels the same as MT4, like it was developed in the Windows XP days with the same old issues.

-Alerting is still the same with no capability to set defaults or combined alert types. 

-High resolutions issues are still present, difficulty selecting objects and text scaling. 

-There are only 2 useful levels of zoom. 

-Still cannot keep chart margins fixed in positions when changing symbol or timeframe. 

-You still can't extend a rectangle without 3rd party development. 

Most people use MT4 for EA's indicators and Scripts and Tradingview for charting. MT5 needs a massive user interface overhaul to get people interested in it.

Reason: