Terminal64.exe is crashing my new computer - Bad news and good news - page 2

Today after about 3 hours of uptime, MT5 crashed but the computer and all other apps stayed open. I can't find any drivers that aren't updated. I don't have any corrupted files and no errors on my hard disk either. (maybe if I used better tools I would get better results)

Other apps are running at the same time and also have a high demand on the CPU.

event ID: 1000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001c1b2f

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Hankotrade MT5 Terminal\terminal64.exe

version: 5.0.0.3815, time stamp: 0x04d2c000

I still have to do a few things before I can say I tried everything but if anyone has more tips please feel free to share them. Thanks

Jeepack #:

Today after about 3 hours of uptime, MT5 crashed but the computer and all other apps stayed open. I can't find any drivers that aren't updated. I don't have any corrupted files and no errors on my hard disk either. (maybe if I used better tools I would get better results)

I still have to do a few things before I can say I tried everything but if anyone has more tips please feel free to share them. Thanks

Check your PC with Spybot search and destroy.

Try a benchmarking tool, like PCmark. Use HWinfo to find any cooling issues.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Check your PC with Spybot search and destroy.

Try a benchmarking tool, like PCmark. Use HWinfo to find any cooling issues.

I don't think a cooling issue would crash MT5 only, but the whole system or computer. But it's a good idea to check.

Jeepack #:

What is running inside the Terminal ? Is it using a lot of memory ? or disk usage ?

Alain Verleyen #:
What is running inside the Terminal ? Is it using a lot of memory ? or disk usage ?

For most of the crashes, I think I might have been pushing the computer to be under a bit more stress than what it would see in a normal trading day (EA's pushed to their limit, running more calculations than usual, 5 screens displaying charts from another charting software, and also doing other work in a memory intensive browser at the same time).

My EA's are a bit intense to be honest, but I coded them so that they wouldn't crash my old laptop and my new PC is much more powerful than my old laptop.

In the next few days, I'm going to try to put the system under a bit less stress to see what happens and keep you updated.

What would be great is if I could at least get a crash log that told me what made the app shutdown (only MT5 is crashing now), but I can't find anything so I'm really struggling to know what to look for.

The good news is it's usually 1-2 crashes per day max so I can still work, but it's still very annoying having to deal with this with a new computer meant to be much more powerful than the previous (never had MT5 crash with those EA's on my old laptop).

I'm using 4 more monitors than before though so maybe the graphics card is having issues with my EA's even though it's much more powerful than what I had on my previous lap top.

MT5 has a crashlog.

Unless there is something in your code that provokes the MT5 crash, it makes me think to an hardware issue with some part of the memory or hard drive hard used.

I would suggest you to use some stress tests tool to see what happens. If something crash you will know it's not coming from MT5.

Alain Verleyen #:

MT5 has a crashlog.

Unless there is something in your code that provokes the MT5 crash, it makes me think to an hardware issue with some part of the memory or hard drive hard used.

I would suggest you to use some stress tests tool to see what happens. If something crash you will know it's not coming from MT5.

Thanks Alain, and sorry if that's a dumb question but where is the crash log? I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

So even when I reduce the load, the system is still unstable and crashing.

No corrupt files, drivers all up to date, windows updated... 

Starting to think this is faulty hardware running into errors when put under stress for long periods.

I'm currently running a torture test with Prime95 and reading the stress.txt file and it makes a lot of sense. I'll have to run this for at least 24 hours before I can tell if it finds anything though, will keep the thread up to date when I can.

Jeepack #:

So even when I reduce the load, the system is still unstable and crashing.

No corrupt files, drivers all up to date, windows updated... 

Starting to think this is faulty hardware running into errors when put under stress for long periods.

I'm currently running a torture test with Prime95 and reading the stress.txt file and it makes a lot of sense. I'll have to run this for at least 24 hours before I can tell if it finds anything though, will keep the thread up to date when I can.

Synrhetic tests like peime95 are not able to generate real world scenarios. You will find some issues, like bad cooling, faulty memory or alike, but for issues with iE non whql drivers, or problems with the bios, will probably not be triggered with such testing.

If the hardware is performing well with most other scenarios, and the issue is with a certain software, it will get really difficult to find the root cause.

Usually, when it's an issue with the hardware, the effects should not be limited to one application, but also show effects on the OS itself, when triggered.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Synrhetic tests like peime95 are not able to generate real world scenarios. You will find some issues, like bad cooling, faulty memory or alike, but for issues with iE non whql drivers, or problems with the bios, will probably not be triggered with such testing.

If the hardware is performing well with most other scenarios, and the issue is with a certain software, it will get really difficult to find the root cause.

Usually, when it's an issue with the hardware, the effects should not be limited to one application, but also show effects on the OS itself, when triggered.

Hardware issues can be very tricky and random, and manifesting only with one or a reduce set of conditions.

It's not an opinion, it's from experience, I worked for years on such things and deal with hundreds of such cases.

Reason: