Internet connection not working

I have two Internet connections. One of them is working fine. It's just a little slower.

The primary one can log on to my brokers (two brokers) and update all the data in the charts, but I can't place or close any orders. When I try to open an order, it just hangs forever. After a very long time, MT4 plays that sound that is characteristic of the "Market is Closed" situation. But nothing relevant is shown in the logs. If I open the order in the secondary connection then try to close it in the primary connection, it never closes. The "x" button disappears and if I hover over it with the mouse I get that "loop" animated icon.

Does that make sense? Is there any technical explanation for this?

whoowl:

I have two Internet connections. One of them is working fine. It's just a little slower.

The primary one can log on to my brokers (two brokers) and update all the data in the charts, but I can't place or close any orders. When I try to open an order, it just hangs forever. After a very long time, MT4 plays that sound that is characteristic of the "Market is Closed" situation. But nothing relevant is shown in the logs. If I open the order in the secondary connection then try to close it in the primary connection, it never closes. The "x" button disappears and if I hover over it with the mouse I get that "loop" animated icon.

Does that make sense? Is there any technical explanation for this?

Not much.

What are the up/down speed of your connections ?

Alain Verleyen #:

Not much.

What are the up/down speed of your connections ?

I don't know. I never care about what they advertise because it's never true. It's good enough for everything, even streaming.

whoowl #:
I don't know. I never care about what they advertise because it's never true. It's good enough for everything, even streaming.
Ok I don't care either.

Can you trust internet providers in your country? Do they deliver what they promise?

The ones on my country don't.

How can it work fully in one connection and half-work in another?

Oh yes. You don't care. OK. Maybe someone else will.

whoowl #:

Can you trust internet providers in your country? Do they deliver what they promise?

The ones on my country don't.

How can it work fully in one connection and half-work in another?

Oh yes. You don't care. OK. Maybe someone else will.

When I am trying to help you and you don't answer, what else can I do except "do not care" ?

Try to use a VPS.

Well, you don't care but I do and I found something interesting.

When I connect to the primary provider, this keeps popping up in one of the logs:

2023.07.11 09:13:26.023    MQL5.community: authorization failed

I hadn't paid attention to that before.

So I clicked the button at the top right corner and tried to log in manually, but it fails every time.

When I connect to the secondary provider, I don't need to log in manually, it happens automatically. And I can place orders.

So it seems that MetaQuotes is blocking my main provider's IP range!

I can't imagine any other explanation. Can you? Anyone?

Something has changed. Now my main provider can log on to MetaQuotes.

But the problem remains. If I disconnect and reconnect to the server, I have exactly one second to place an order. After that, everything locks up again.

Somehow and for some very obscure reason, I am technically banned from trading.

How can a connection that worked every day for three consecutive years suddenly not work for three consecutive days?
Reason: