Future prices access in EA

Question for developers:

I am writing an Expert Advisor. On a daily bars for example.

In testing mode future prices from the current bar are available in the system. For example, if EA is at -20 day from the last day. I want to access prices for 5 days in the future from -19 to -14. These prices are known, they are in the history file. However, it is impossible to access any of the series arrays: High[], Low[] etc. with negative index number. Other methods: writing inidcator and using negative shift, using iHigh() method produced 0 value instead of future prices.

Question: how can I access future prices from EA for x days in the future? Thank you.

MQ may have disabled negative index numbers in built-in arrays so that people do not create EA's dependant on future data and then complain that they don't perform as well live as in the backtester. Or it could be something else entirely. I don't know.

Out of curiosity, what are you testing for that requires you to access the future data?

I do not think that is the reason. Historically, arrays are not referenced with negative index numbers in programming.

I have to access this data for some of my EA analysis.

I do not think that is the reason. Historically, arrays are not referenced with negative index numbers in programming.

If I understand correctly you believe that a future data are contain in the history file?
Well that would be an oxymoron... Huh?
Index is "0" for current bar and "n" for any history bar.
To find bar number for a specific date use iBarShift() function.

well, I kinda figured that. Thats why I asked what you were testing.

If I understand correctly you believe that a future data are contain in the history file?
"oxymoron"? Is that oxyginated moron? :)
On the subject: will try iBarShift(). Thanks. Shift which it will return still have to be used wiht Open[] which use positive index only.
I was looking more for the kind of an answer: there is a fOpen[] series array, indexed from 0 and up. It holds future numbers during testing mode. It holds zero during real time mode. It is undocumented or just developed. (Or never have been developed).
Thanks to everyone involved in discussion.

"oxymoron"? Is that oxyginated moron? :)
On the subject: will try iBarShift(). Thanks. Shift which it will return still have to be used wiht Open[] which use positive index only.
I was looking more for the kind of an answer: there is a fOpen[] series array, indexed from 0 and up. It holds future numbers during testing mode. It holds zero during real time mode. It is undocumented or just developed. (Or never have been developed).
Thanks to everyone involved in discussion.

I had same dilemma.
See "To MetaQuotes: The Future Bar."

As to "oxymoron" = A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

See http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/oxymoron
Reason: