Getting 1 activation from a customer.

Hello developers,
one of my customers wants an EA based on a purchased indicator, he already bought that indicator, but I don't have access to it.
he is willing to give me his user name and password so that I can use one of the product activation and use the indicator to program. Is that legal or illegal? if it is illegal what can I do about it?

Fatemeh Ameri:
Hello developers,
one of my customers wants an EA based on a purchased indicator, he already bought that indicator, but I don't have access to it.
he is willing to give me his user name and password so that I can use one of the product activation and use the indicator to program. Is that legal or illegal? if it is illegal what can I do about it?

I don't see why it should be illegal, it's all part of the trust between 2 users sharing credentials.

This is my opinion of course and I could be wrong.

I guess that it's not illegal, but could be depending on what you do with such information...

However you shouldn't need to access his account to create an EA like that, you could test it in the strategy tester and access indicator data there (as you know, paid indicators can be used in the strategy tester), and provide a demo to the client so that he can test it.

Basically it would be unnecessary, both for you to make the EA and for the client to take such risks

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I don't see why it should be illegal, it's all part of the trust between 2 users sharing credentials.

This is my opinion of course and I could be wrong.

Thank you for response, I thought maybe because only 1 person must use the purchased product it might be illagal.

Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez #:

I guess that it's not illegal, but could be depending on what you do with such information...

However you shouldn't need to access his account to create an EA like that, you could test it in the strategy tester and access indicator data there (as you know, paid indicators can be used in the strategy tester), and provide a demo to the client so that he can test it.

Basically it would be unnecessary, both for you to make the EA and for the client to take such risks

Thank you for response, your solution is not doable, the paid product make some objects in the chart and we are gonna use those objects, so we need the EA and the product to run in strategy tester at the same time which is not practical if you don't purchase the product.

Reason: