One order at a time

Hi I am a very beginning stage of coding i managed to do this via you tube, i need help on open only one trade at any time. after closing the next trade has to open. please help me on this. I am using mql5

#include <Trade/Trade.mqh>

input group "Trading Inputs"
input double Lots = 0.1;
input double TpDist = 0.00010;
input double SlDist = 0.0750;

input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES StochTimeframe = PERIOD_M1;
input int StochK = 5;
input int StochD = 3;
input int Stochslowing = 3;
input double StochUpperLevel = 80;
input double StochLowerLevel = 20;

int handleStoch;
int totalBars;

CTrade trade;

int OnInit()
  {
   handleStoch = iStochastic(_Symbol,StochTimeframe,StochK,StochD,Stochslowing,MODE_SMA,STO_LOWHIGH);

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

void OneDeinit(const int reason)
  {

}

void OnTick()
  {
   int bars = iBars(_Symbol,StochTimeframe);
   if(totalBars !=bars)

{
      totalBars = bars;

double stoch[];
      CopyBuffer(handleStoch,MAIN_LINE,1,2,stoch);

double bid = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID);
      double ask = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_ASK);
      if(stoch[1] > StochUpperLevel && stoch[0] > StochUpperLevel && stoch[1] < stoch[0] && OrdersTotal() <= 2)
        {
           {
            trade.Sell(Lots,_Symbol,bid,bid+SlDist,bid-TpDist);
           }
        }
      else
         if(stoch[1] < StochLowerLevel && stoch[0] < StochLowerLevel && stoch[1] > stoch[0] && OrdersTotal() <= 2)
           {
              {
               trade.Buy(Lots,_Symbol,ask,ask-SlDist,ask+TpDist);
              }
           }
     }
  }
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

When you post code please use the Code button (Alt+S) !

Improperly formatted code removed by moderator. Please EDIT your post and use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.

Code button in editor

Hover your mouse over your post and select "edit" ... 

MQL5.community - User Memo
MQL5.community - User Memo
  • www.mql5.com
You have just registered and most likely you have questions such as, "How do I insert a picture to my a message?" "How do I format my MQL5 source code?" "Where are my personal messages kept?" You may have many other questions. In this article, we have prepared some hands-on tips that will help you get accustomed in MQL5.community and take full advantage of its available features.

Sergey Golubev #:
When you post code please use the Code button (Alt+S) !

Improperly formatted code removed by moderator. Please EDIT your post and use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.

Hover your mouse over your post and select "edit" ... 

Thanks, i have done it as you guided.

8939506789:

Hi I am a very beginning stage of coding i managed to do this via you tube, i need help on open only one trade at any time. after closing the next trade has to open. please help me on this. I am using mql5

You can use PositionsTotal(). As long as this is greater zero don't trade.

BTW here is a list of all function with a short eyplanation so that you can search for keywords.

Bear in mind there's virtually nothing that hasn't already been programmed for MT4/MT5 and is ready for you - so searching gives better results than AI or ChatGPT!

Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / PositionsTotal
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / PositionsTotal
  • www.mql5.com
PositionsTotal - Trade Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

OrdersTotal counts the number of orders and not positions. 

if(stoch[1] > StochUpperLevel && stoch[0] > StochUpperLevel && stoch[1] < stoch[0] && PositionsTotal()==0 )

You enter new trade if number of open positions are zero.

1.    int bars = iBars(_Symbol,StochTimeframe);
       if(totalBars !=bars)

For a new bar test, Bars is unreliable (a refresh/reconnect can change number of bars on chart), volume is unreliable (miss ticks), Price is unreliable (duplicate prices and The == operand. - MQL4 programming forum.) Always use time.
              MT4: New candle - MQL4 programming forum #3 (2014)
              MT5: Accessing variables - MQL4 programming forum #3 (2022)

I disagree with making a new bar function, because it can only be called once per tick (second call returns false). A variable can be tested multiple times.
              Running EA once at the start of each bar - MQL4 programming forum (2011)

2.                trade.Buy(Lots,_Symbol,ask,ask-SlDist,ask+TpDist);

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)

Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes.
      My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, average maximum spread = 134.
      My EURCHF shows average spread = 18 points, average maximum spread = 106.
      (your broker will be similar).
                Is it reasonable to have such a huge spreads (20 PIP spreads) in EURCHF? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

Carl Schreiber #:

You can use PositionsTotal(). As long as this is greater zero don't trade.

BTW here is a list of all function with a short eyplanation so that you can search for keywords.

Bear in mind there's virtually nothing that hasn't already been programmed for MT4/MT5 and is ready for you - so searching gives better results than AI or ChatGPT!

Thanks it had worked.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

OrdersTotal counts the number of orders and not positions. 

You enter new trade if number of open positions are zero.

Thanks, for telling me where to insert the code exactly
Reason: