https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

------------

And finally -

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal - the instructions
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422
  (MT5)
Signals - Reliability - How do you understand the Reliability Index for Signal providers?
Signals - Reliability - How do you understand the Reliability Index for Signal providers?
  • www.mql5.com
How do i understand the reliability index for signal providers. Discussion about the signals is prohibited on the forum so i can only remind the following - from this thead:  metatrader 5 trading signals redefined  - are there any reliable signals providers. You can go to the signals page and sort the signals based on reliability for example

What Im suggesting is that if people who copy me as a provider have the same broker and the exact same pair being traded in the same country, but their calculation is CFD like mine, they cant copy?

William Cheeseman #:

In regards to 'mapping', is this just a process that is done via MQL5 and not something that can be done yourself? by 'mapping' what specifically are you suggesting as a solution, other than changing broker or the person you are subscribed to, is it not the case that anyone you subscribe to doesn't really matter, you just need to have the forex calc type?

Mapping is automatic feature.
So, the subscriber already select the signal to subscribe so the next step for him - select the broker (trading account) for the traded symbol(s)
to meet the mapping requirements.

But I prefer to select the broker first (because I do not have much choice for licensed brokers in the country),
and after that only I will select the signal to subscriber (and mapping will be the first thing to consider).

Does every single symbol need to have the margin calculation type as forex?

yes.

William Cheeseman #:
What Im suggesting is that if people who copy me as a provider have the same broker and the exact same pair being traded in the same country, but their calculation is CFD like mine, they cant copy?
It should Forex for subscribers.
And they should not have more than one name for the traded symbol.

You can read the links I posted on the forum.
Because I provided some information which I know and which I remember.
But you should read the information from the links.

Besides, the potential subscribers will ask you same questions so it is easy to provide the links to them
to read than to explain to every single potential subscriber about "mapping" and so on.

Sergey Golubev #:
It should Forex for subscribers.
And they should not have more than one name for the traded symbol.

So If I open an account at IG and so do they and they are sitting right next to me, but the margin calc type on that broker is not Forex, they still can't auto copy the trades? 

To clarify and hopefully conclude:

Mapping is not a solution, its just what mql5 does if it can.

The User CANNOT use a broker at all where it is the case that their margin calculation is CFD. No brokers with this calculation will work, regardless of anything else.

William Cheeseman #:

So the subscriber just has to have the calculation type of Forex, which is going to be broker dependent.

In regards to 'mapping', is this just a process that is done via MQL5 and not something that can be done yourself? by 'mapping' what specifically are you suggesting as a solution, other than changing broker or the person you are subscribed to, is it not the case that anyone you subscribe to doesn't really matter, you just need to have the forex calc type?

Does every single symbol need to have the margin calculation type as forex?

From FAQ: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773#q13

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.
  2. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded.
  3. Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
  4. If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
  5. If one suitable symbol is found, it is used for copying Provider's trades.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
  • www.mql5.com
The most frequently asked questions related to the signals service will be collected and processed in this topic. I do not want to broadcast it anymore. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol
Reason: