Unable to download from MQL5 market

Hello,

When I want to download an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace I get this error message: "Installation failed".

MT4

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance to those who will take 2 minutes to answer me.

auvray-diffusion Auvray:

Just a thought: Try running the terminal as administrator.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #: Just a thought: Try running the terminal as administrator.

I don't believe that is good advice. It should work without having elevated privileges.

auvray-diffusion Auvray: When I want to download an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace I get this error message: "Installation failed". Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Do a search on the forum, as there have been many posts before about this, and those threads have some instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Common problems, are if running with Linux with an old version of Wine, others are about old MetaTrader builds, and others are about firewall or router limiting access, etc.

So read those threads, and see if it can resolve your issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Don't question a possible solution and go your own way.

You'd be surprised how many times that has helped many people using Windows 7, even XP, etc., or user accounts without administrator rights.

auvray-diffusion Auvray:
Hello,

When I want to download an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace I get this error message: "Installation failed".

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance to those who will take 2 minutes to answer me.
What is printed in the Journal log ?

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers.

So, I will search this forum hoping to find the solution.

Regards,

Philippe

Alain Verleyen #:
What is printed in the Journal log ?

Hi Alain,

This is what it says:

"MQL4 Market: failed download product 'PR Support And Resistance for MT4' [403]"

Thanks.

auvray-diffusion Auvray #:

A simple search in the forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=error%20403

As Fernando said, there could be several reasons for this and it is not easy to know which one is yours. It is a matter of trial and error until you find yours.

auvray-diffusion Auvray #:

Hi Alain,

This is what it says:

"MQL4 Market: failed download product 'PR Support And Resistance for MT4' [403]"

Thanks.

Error 403 means an authentication/access issue. Please check your login/password.

It could also be an IP ban, if the above doesn't work try to restart your Internet router.

Alain Verleyen #:

Error 403 means an authentication/access issue. Please check your login/password.

It could also be an IP ban, if the above doesn't work try to restart your Internet router.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I read on this forum that we should avoid passwords of 10 characters or more.

So I changed mine and it didn't change anything.

My login has a dash in it, but I don't think that's where it comes from.

Because, in fact, on my office computer it worked.

Now I'm trying the same thing on my home computer and it doesn't work anymore.

That's why I don't really understand.

Make sure that:

• that you have all the latest Windows Updates installed 
  • that you have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge latest version installed on your computer or VPS
  • that you are using the latest build of MetaTrader 4/5
  • that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab, using your login - NOT your email
  • that your MQL5 account password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change MQL5 account password here)

In case you still an't install your product in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close ALL your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open the MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install your product again
Reason: