Connexion failed on MT5

Hello,

I have a XM account on which I trade every day (with my MetaTrader application linked to my XM account).

I created a script with Python to automate some actions.

The problem is that when I open my MetaTrader application on my computer and I try to connect my XM account it tells me that login failed. I thought it was credential issue but it's not I double check it and my credentials works on XM to connect to my account.

What can be the issue?

If it is demo account so, as far as I know - many brokers are providing the demo accounts to limited time only (but we can create demo account once again ... but it will exist in limited time only too).
If it is real/live account - write to the broker's support about it.

Yes it's a real account that's why I don't understand it.

The thing is that the issue happens on MT5 when I try to enter my login/password so I don't really know why I should have to contact XM for this problem.

DrazJah #:

Yes it's a real account that's why I don't understand it.

The thing is that the issue happens on MT5 when I try to enter my login/password so I don't really know why I should have to contact XM for this problem.

Because trading accounts are related to the brokers (the charts, the price on the charts, the trading accounts, and more - all of them are related to the broker only).
So, if it is something related to the trading account (login to, or any) - it is for the brokers' support.

if it is related to Community tab filling in Metatrader so yes - it is for thisMQL5 forum to be discussed.
Reason: