How do you manage to trade while working full time?

Hi all,

I’m only 2 months into learning about Forex, and have started to get some hands-on experience on a demo account for 1 month. Thankfully I only work 4 days per week, so I do devote as much time as possible on the market on Tuesdays, before leaving for work, at lunch and after work until family time. And I have been improving my knowledge on weekends. However, I still feel like that’s not enough. In order to improve I just want to spend more time on the market. I want to succeed in being a consistently profitable trader in the long run.

Maybe most of you are already full time trader, but for any of you who started off with a full time job, or those who work full time now and trade on the side, how do you manage? 

I’d appreciate any input.

Bo_Master: I’m only 2 months into learning about Forex, and have started to get some hands-on experience on a demo account for 1 month. Thankfully I only work 4 days per week, so I do devote as much time as possible on the market on Tuesdays, before leaving for work, at lunch and after work until family time. And I have been improving my knowledge on weekends. However, I still feel like that’s not enough. In order to improve I just want to spend more time on the market. I want to succeed in being a consistently profitable trader in the long run. Maybe most of you are already full time trader, but for any of you who started off with a full time job, or those who work full time now and trade on the side, how do you manage? 

It takes a long time to become proficient, and by that, I mean "years".

You have to take things at its own pace, slowly adjusting both your trading and your life, adapting both to each other.

Don't be in a hurry, otherwise you will only end up making mistakes and becoming greedy. Take it slow and be diligent.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It takes a long time to become proficient, and by that, I mean "years".

You have to take things at its own pace, slowly adjusting both your trading and your life, adapting both to each other.

Don't be in a hurry, otherwise you will only end my making mistakes and becoming greedy. Take it slow and be diligent.

Thank you, Fernando. I will remember that
Reason: