Why some Robot Fails?

please who can explain this: It is possible that an EA written in MQL4 that was working very well after it must have been coded will later start failing. if so, what was the cause of such thing. Can MQL4 codes Expires?

Can a coded system that was exposed in a real market condition to prove its success last for ever? if so, how and what are the necessary thing i can do to ensure such?

When you write an EA it has to be optimised often. I optimise my live trading EA every day with a 2 week data period. I have seen some EAs' just stop working - even when you try to optimise them. I am not sure why as I haven't gone to lengths to try to find out. The market is constantly shifting so I guess anything is possible. One secret to a successful system is to measure multiple time frames and stick with indicators that you are farmiliar with. It is a long road to success but for those who are willing to stick with it will get the reward. Those of you that think that there is no holly grail just haven't found it yet and you should stop telling everyone there isn't one. It just takes hard work.

mbirrell:

When you write an EA it has to be optimised often. I optimise my live trading EA every day with a 2 week data period. I have seen some EAs' just stop working - even when you try to optimise them. I am not sure why as I haven't gone to lengths to try to find out. The market is constantly shifting so I guess anything is possible. One secret to a successful system is to measure multiple time frames and stick with indicators that you are farmiliar with. It is a long road to success but for those who are willing to stick with it will get the reward. Those of you that think that there is no holly grail just haven't found it yet and you should stop telling everyone there isn't one. It just takes hard work.

I'm New in Mql4 language Just ( 2 week ) of learn, really in is complex road !

Make sure you are proficient at trading before you try to design an EA. To me an EA is just me trading in electronic form. I can trade for only a few hours a day before I start making mistakes but my EA trades like me when I am at my best. The thing is computers don't tire and if the EA is coded corectly it can really bring in the dough. Take your time there is no rush and get it right - the market will be here well after I am gone that is for sure.

There can be a multitude of reasons why an EA worked well then started losing it all depends what kinds of criteria it is using to trigger trades and how changing market volatility and other factors affect those criteria.

Ideally you want to find trading criteria that cannot be affected by changes in market conditions, that may not be possible but the closer you can get to that ideal, the better.

10599:
I'm New in Mql4 language Just ( 2 week ) of learn, really in is complex road !
if it was simple, there would be no one still working at McDonalds.
Reason: