Convert Lots to Nominal value

How do you convert lots to nominal value?

gouki1001: How do you convert lots to nominal value?
Your question does not make sense. Please explain in more detail.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Your question does not make sense. Please explain in more detail.

Lots are for eg: 0.1 or 0.01. I would like to value my position in cash.

if the the tick value for your instrument is converted to your account currency (it should be for FX pairs) and you want the nominal value in your account currency, I think this will work:

tick value / tick size * current asset price * lot size

if buying, use SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS) for your tick size and SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_BID) for the asset price

if selling, use SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT) and SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_ASK)

I think that's what you're looking for, test it and see, you can already see the nominal value in MT5 when you are placing an order

Question is nonsense. Lots times movement time conversion factor equals cash.

gouki1001 #: Lots are for eg: 0.1 or 0.01. I would like to value my position in cash.

That is not directly possible. You can only know your position's probable risk, considering both it's volume and it's stop-loss.

Risk (in account currency) = Volume (lots) × Stop-loss (in units of tick-size) × Tick-value (in account currency)

Fernando Carreiro #:

That is not directly possible. You can only know your position's probable risk, considering both it's volume and it's stop-loss.

Risk (in account currency) = Volume (lots) × Stop-loss (in units of tick-size) × Tick-value (in account currency)

lots = (MM_Percent*(1.0/100)*(AccountBalance))/(SL/ticksize * tickvalue)

Fernando Carreiro #:

Actually if you consider the stop loss as the asset going to zero, this should give you the nominal value which is why in the formula I posted above instead of your stop loss in units of tick size you just multiply by the current price.

Jeepack #:

if the the tick value for your instrument is converted to your account currency (it should be for FX pairs) and you want the nominal value in your account currency, I think this will work:

tick value / tick size * current asset price * lot size

if buying, use SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS) for your tick size and SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_BID) for the asset price

if selling, use SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT) and SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_ASK)

I think that's what you're looking for, test it and see, you can already see the nominal value in MT5 when you are placing an order

Im using this calculation for lots.

lots = (MM_Percent*(1.0/100)*(AccountBalance))/(SL/ticksize * tickvalue)

So I know how much I would be losing at worse case. 

So considering I alrady have the worse case in open and close price can I use this value in lots to say how much my position could cost? 

// assumes you already defined symbol, order_type and lots

if (order_type == ORDER_TYPE_BUY) {

nominal_value = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS) / SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE) * SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_BID) * lots;

} else if (order_type == ORDER_TYPE_SELL) {

nominal_value = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT) / SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE) * SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_ASK) * lots;

}

I'm not sure if you're really looking for the nominal value though because that's something people only use to do advanced money management optimization that I think most people won't ever need to do.

Reason: