Cannot install purchased MQL5 indicators on IC Markets platform

Hello, is there a problem with IC Markets MT4 platform?

None of my purchased indicators will install, says installation failed.

All okay with other broker MT4 platforms

It depends on this error number is written in Metatrader journal.
If error 403 so look at this summary post
Installation is failed
Installation is failed
  • www.mql5.com
Hi there, I am trying to download EA's to a terminal and I get the message in red "Installation is failed." Any idea why...

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

Hello again

Do get error 403, not using VPS, checked community info, only a problem using MT4 downloaded from IC Markets, all other broker platforms okay.

Its a fresh platform download, really strange!

toffee #:

Hello again

Do get error 403, not using VPS, checked community info, only a problem using MT4 downloaded from IC Markets, all other broker platforms okay.

Its a fresh platform download, really strange!

If you compare the version numbers of the IC mt4 and the others , is there any difference ?

Make sure that:

• that you have all the latest Windows Updates installed 
  • that you have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge latest version installed on your computer or VPS
  • that you are using the latest build of MetaTrader 4/5
  • that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab, using your login - NOT your email
  • that your MQL5 account password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change MQL5 account password here)

Also try the following:

1. Close ALL your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open the MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install your product again

Lorentzos Roussos #:

If you compare the version numbers of the IC mt4 and the others , is there any difference ?

No, its build 1370, same as all the others.

toffee #:

Error 403 is related to computer (or to VPS if you are using VPS).
If it is within one computer (Metatrader instances from some other brokers do not have this issue, but one Metatrader instance from one broker is having this issue)
so try to use the other Metatrader instance to connect to your IC markets trading account.

.. All okay with other broker MT4 platforms ...

Within one computer?
So, use other broker MT4 platform to connect to your IC markets trading account.
or install "clean" Metatrader 4 (which was not downloaded from the broker's website), and connect it to any trading account of any broker:

How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page

Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program - I’m unable to install MT5 and MT4 from your website, but I can't open it on my laptop
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program - I’m unable to install MT5 and MT4 from your website, but I can't open it on my laptop
  • www.mql5.com
Dear team, i have downloaded mt5 and mt4 from your website but i am unable to open it. Same problem here with all the lately installed mt4 and mt5 downloaded from various brokers. And do not connect with metaquotes-demo server anymore

toffee #:

How many terminals are running on the machine ?

if they are on the same machine , what happens when you do this : (and after it only run the IC markets mt4)(and if you have a dynamic ip , try restarting your router after doing the following before running the ic markets mt4)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Cannot install purchased MQL5 indicators on IC Markets platform

Eleni Anna Branou, 2023.01.31 17:58

Make sure that:

• that you have all the latest Windows Updates installed 
  • that you have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge latest version installed on your computer or VPS
  • that you are using the latest build of MetaTrader 4/5
  • that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab, using your login - NOT your email
  • that your MQL5 account password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change MQL5 account password here)

Also try the following:

1. Close ALL your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open the MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install your product again

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Interesting can you describe it a bit further if not much to ask ?

The msimg32.dll copy was inside the VM and then you run System file checker in the VM ?

Thank you

I just clicked on file location, and it was installed with the terminal etc.

I had purchased some indicators previously that needed this file to get them to work, but its strange a fresh install picked up this file .

A lot of sellers need this file installed to make their indicators work, but I will know now to check this if there are any further problems.

It seemed very strange as all other broker platforms worked okay, except this IC Markets on, so had to be some issue with it.

Reason: