Payment methods - page 3

Fernando Carreiro #:

Because MetaQuotes is a European registered software company and must abide by European laws and regulations. That is why! Do you see Microsoft, Apple or Adobe accept cryptocurrencies? No!

Fail. Dude, European companies can accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment, no problem. Microsoft - they accept bitcoin in their store, did you not know that?

Other companies don't want to accept crypto because they DON'T WANT to accept it and don't care, not that they can't!

In the UK, plenty of online businesses accept Bitcoin, for example major retail electronics store https://www.scan.co.uk/. Did they have to apply for financial institution/money transmitter license? No! It's payment processor who handles the crypto payment. Scan UK just collects GBP currency from them when crypto payment is complete.

Everyone else don't care, so they don't accept it.

MetaQuotes SHOULD accept Bitcoin via secure payment processor like Coinbase, BitPay or whatever, for selected jurisdictions only where it is allowed to do so. Clients from Europe/UK are totally allowed to pay via crypto, and European companies are allowed to accept payments via crypto payment processors. Other selected countries are also no problem, MetaQuotes should get to work and do it.

Piotr Drozdek #:

Fail. Dude, European companies can accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment, no problem. Microsoft - they accept bitcoin in their store, did you not know that?

Other companies don't want to accept crypto because they DON'T WANT to accept it and don't care, not that they can't!

In the UK, plenty of online businesses accept Bitcoin, for example major retail electronics store https://www.scan.co.uk/. Did they have to apply for financial institution/money transmitter license? No! It's payment processor who handles the crypto payment. Scan UK just collects GBP currency from them when crypto payment is complete.

Everyone else don't care, so they don't accept it.

MetaQuotes SHOULD accept Bitcoin via secure payment processor like Coinbase, BitPay or whatever, for selected jurisdictions only where it is allowed to do so. Clients from Europe/UK are totally allowed to pay via crypto, and European companies are allowed to accept payments via crypto payment processors. Other selected countries are also no problem, MetaQuotes should get to work and do it.

Some users of Russian forum (no more than 5 users) are asking about crypto methods in regular basis on the forum,
and I found the replies of MQ about it (machine translation to English):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to withdraw money from MQL5.com now?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2022.03.07 00:14

The problems lie outside the technical framework - the legal, financial and regulatory gateways will have to be rebuilt by the payment gateways.

We are completely dependent on payment gateways for depositing/withdrawing payments.

How to withdraw money from MQL5.com now?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2022.08.08 10:05

Unfortunately, crypto methods and stablecoins are not available to us now.

Unfortunately, we are limited in payouts by our payment gateways and tax jurisdictions.

Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algorithmic trading

Renat Fatkhullin , 2022.08.15 09:52

The topic of crypto covers up and drags players to the legal bottom en masse every week. Therefore, we do not touch it. We do not discuss this topic.

Sergey Golubev #:
The reply from the service desk:

thanks for the Update

I have been facing the challenges of depositing money into my MQL5 account for a while now. I have used my credit card on this platform before but at the moment all payment options are no longer there. I am a Nigerian and live in Nigeria. I don't even know how to get the customer care or service desk for assistance on this. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Regards.
Frankson

Sergey Golubev #:
The reply from the service desk:

Next update:

Withdrawal has become inactive

MetaQuotes , 2023.02.03 09:48

This is a temporary shutdown of the WebMoney gateway in order to find an error.

We apologize - WebMoney will be back soon.

Hi

Can anyone please help.

I have a balance of $150 in my account and want to purchase something for $210.

Do I have to top up my account to $210 to directly purchase through my account?

Gary

142928 #:

Hi

Can anyone please help.

I have a balance of $150 in my account and want to purchase something for $210.

Do I have to top up my account to $210 to directly purchase through my account?

Gary

Yes, you can't use 2 ways of payment at the same time.

Reason: