Can't get accurate results from my broker when backtesting

Hey everyone,

I recently attempted to backtest an expert using MT5 demo servers and experienced extremely profitable results. However, when I tried to use the historic data of my broker, FBS, I had 0% gain or loss on all pairs. I used the default settings and even raised the deposit load up to 70%, but the results remained the same. Despite the success on the MT5 demo server, the results with my broker's historic data were literally 0%.

Does anyone know which broker is the closest to MT5 demo servers and why the results are different when using my own broker? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm new to this so pardon me if my question doesn't make sense.

MT5 strategy tester downloads historical data directly from the broker's server.

If you use every tick based on real ticks modelling and at the backtest results you see a 99-100% quality when your test finishes, this is as close as it can get to real trading results.

The different results you see in another broker may have to do with the different trading conditions or type of account used, depending also on the strategy that your EA uses.

The fact that you are using historical data with your second broker doesn't mean much, if that data are not used with an every tick based on real ticks modelling and don't give a 99-100% quality result.

VAE:

why the results are different when using my own broker? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The initial data for backtests is the history of quotes. This data can be very different for different brokers.

To select the most profitable broker, you need to study their history of quotes. There are various tools that allow you to find such a broker.

For example, this one.

Reason: