VPS

hello. what s the most reliable VPS? Is the service sold here a good one? Thanks! 

Ugo Bertoni: hello. what s the most reliable VPS? Is the service sold here a good one? Thanks! 

Discussing 3rd party VPS providers would be against forum rules. You will have to do your own research on the subject.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Discussing 3rd party VPS providers would be against forum rules. You will have to do your own research on the subject.

thanks. can you please help? Currently I am using the free service provided by my broker but in this last month I noticed a huge slippage so I am looking for a different solution. TKS in advance for any help

Ugo Bertoni #:

thanks. can you please help? Currently I am using the free service provided by my broker but in this last month I noticed a huge slippage so I am looking for a different solution. TKS in advance for any help

We can't discuss non MQL5.com providers in this forum.

MQL5 VPS is ideal for running your signal subscription or up to 32 EAs on it, you can only use it on/for 1 trading account though.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

MQL5 VPS is ideal for running your signal subscription or up to 32 EAs on it, you can only use it on/for 1 trading account though.

Yes I noticed. I have more than 1 account. that's why I m looking for a convenient solution

Is it better to use a VPS from a third party user or is it safer to trade with the broker's provided VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou #:

When you say 32 EAs on 1 trading account - you mean 32 different symbols e.g. EURUSD, GBPUSD on the same account?

boundless_lord #: When you say 32 EAs on 1 trading account - you mean 32 different symbols e.g. EURUSD, GBPUSD on the same account?

No, not necessarily. You could easily run 32 EAs all on the same symbol and time-frame (one per chart, even if all the charts are of the same symbol and time-frame).

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, not necessarily. You could easily run 32 EAs all on the same symbol and time-frame (one per chart, even if all the charts are of the same symbol and time-frame).

Thanks, appreciate the reply. So when you run an EA - it is linked to a specific chart you have open in MetaTrader?

and is it possible to link an EA to a specific account within your broker account e.g. a sub account with x amount of funds?

boundless_lord #: Thanks, appreciate the reply. So when you run an EA - it is linked to a specific chart you have open in MetaTrader?

Yes, one EA per chart!

boundless_lord #: and is it possible to link an EA to a specific account within your broker account e.g. a sub account with x amount of funds?

There is no such thing as "sub account". All EAs have access all the account's funds.

If you want to limit the EAs access to funds, then code it to do proper percentage based fractional risk management, and define parameters to control its limits.

If however you do not have access to the EAs source code then you will not be able to limit it, unless it already provides percentage based fractional risk management functionality.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, one EA per chart!

There is no such thing as "sub account". All EAs have access all the account's funds.

If you want to limit the EAs access to funds, then code it to do proper percentage based fractional risk management, and define parameters to control its limits.

If however you do not have access to the EAs source code then you will not be able to limit it, unless it already provides percentage based fractional risk management functionality.

Thanks so much for the information, really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Reason: