Bug report: Error when running multiple MT5 terminals - page 4

kdufgh #:
I'm not sure what the point of this forum is if you're going to tease the new poster by telling him that there are settings which he can change, but then refuse to tell him what they are. I'm not trying to "bait" you into giving out information. I don't understand why you'd join the discussion in the first place if you have useful information but aren't prepared to share it.

Account created 1h ago and you know fxsaber, etc? You had to create a second account to come here and talk about something we still don't understand what it's about?

kdufgh #: I'm not sure what the point of this forum is if you're going to tease the new poster by telling him that there are settings which he can change, but then refuse to tell him what they are. I'm not trying to "bait" you into giving out information. I don't understand why you'd join the discussion in the first place if you have useful information but aren't prepared to share it.

I'm not teasing. I'm alerting people of a fact and telling them to go do their research. This forum is about MetaTrader and MQL, not about Windows or Windows servers.

If people want to run countless MetaTrader terminals on a single server, then most probably they are not just trading for themselves but for others too. So if they are making extra money with it, and have a responsibility with others, then they should do the responsible thing and hire someone for the job of administrating or optimising their server, or in the very least invest in learning it themselves.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

Account created 1h ago and you know fxsaber, etc? You had to create a second account to come here and talk about something we still don't understand what it's about?

I have absolutely no idea who fxsaber is. I read his - or her - name above and followed the link (and then used Google to translate from the Russian).

Back to helping out Nicolas....

• If, like the OP, there are problems with the whole of Windows, then it is almost certainly an issue in the Windows codebase similar to the one flagged up by fxsaber
  • But if is not "exactly" the same as the OP's problem, as Nicolas described it, then it's something completely different. The first thing I would then do is attempt to quantify what "slows down" means more precisely.

Up to 30 terminals could be running on my rented server (WinServer2019).

• About 10 trading advisors are launched on each terminal.
  • Each EA, on average, accompanies its 10 positions and 10 pending orders.
  • Expert Advisors are complex (without built-in resources, the executable file is about a megabyte).
  • Great emphasis is placed on the speed of calculations. Everything unnecessary in the terminals is disabled. When I work with the terminal, I see all the visualization on the charts. When I finish, I use a hot key to minimize all the subwindows of the terminal and the terminal itself. At the same time, Expert Advisors completely disable their visualization in this mode.
  • CPU 8 cores, the average load is less than five percent. Peak load - 70-90%: almost HFT.
  • All charts have the standard option to display trading history and current trading levels.
  • The trading history on each terminal contains several tens of thousands of transactions. Therefore, Expert Advisors remove terminal graphical objects from the chart that correspond to a long history of trading.
You can work comfortably with many terminals on the server. But, probably, you need to be a little geek in matters of performance.

kdufgh #:

I have absolutely no idea who fxsaber is. I read his - or her - name above and followed the link (and then used Google to translate from the Russian).

Back to helping out Nicolas....

• If, like the OP, there are problems with the whole of Windows, then it is almost certainly an issue in the Windows codebase similar to the one flagged up by fxsaber
  • But if is not "exactly" the same as the OP's problem, as Nicolas described it, then it's something completely different. The first thing I would then do is attempt to quantify what "slows down" means more precisely.

Let's take it one step at a time... the OP has been disinterested in this issue for 10 days. He cannot reproach anyone for not helping him properly. Even less when Fernando said that there are ways to solve it and for that he should have a minimum of knowledge about servers, and we are still waiting for a response from the OP.

What is your problem and/or what do you need? It's still a mystery...

Let's take it one step at a time... the OP has been disinterested in this issue for 10 days. 

If, by the OP, you mean Nicolas, then he posted today, one hour before I then replied. All I have been doing is trying to help him out, by asking whether his problem is truly "exactly" the same as the actual OP, and, if so, pointing him to a very pertinent existing answer and its underlying cause in the Windows GDI.

And please read the various posts above again. I am the only person who has actually given Nicolas a settings change which he can make to his server. I don't believe it will help, as I've said, but at least I have done something more concrete than telling him to look at settings changes without saying what they are, or even giving him a web link or two to follow up.

Wow, lots of activity here :)

When I open the 11th MT5 It is the 11 MT5s that suddenly become very slow. While with 10 MT5 open all works fine.
I haven't tried other windows functions at the same time because it's a dedicated server that I only use for trading. (but I'll check if it's windows that is completely slowed down or just the 11 MT5s)

Thanks to everyone who tries to give advice and help.

fxsaber #:

Up to 30 terminals could be running on my rented server (WinServer2019).

• About 10 trading advisors are launched on each terminal.
  • Each EA, on average, accompanies its 10 positions and 10 pending orders.
  • Expert Advisors are complex (without built-in resources, the executable file is about a megabyte).
  • Great emphasis is placed on the speed of calculations. Everything unnecessary in the terminals is disabled. When I work with the terminal, I see all the visualization on the charts. When I finish, I use a hot key to minimize all the subwindows of the terminal and the terminal itself. At the same time, Expert Advisors completely disable their visualization in this mode.
  • CPU 8 cores, the average load is less than five percent. Peak load - 70-90%: almost HFT.
  • All charts have the standard option to display trading history and current trading levels.
  • The trading history on each terminal contains several tens of thousands of transactions. Therefore, Expert Advisors remove terminal graphical objects from the chart that correspond to a long history of trading.
You can work comfortably with many terminals on the server. But, probably, you need to be a little geek in matters of performance.

WOW: you just describe my dream! :)

( And actually I don't need 30 MT5 lol )

Let's take it one step at a time... the OP has been disinterested in this issue for 10 days. He cannot reproach anyone for not helping him properly. Even less when Fernando said that there are ways to solve it and for that he should have a minimum of knowledge about servers, and we are still waiting for a response from the OP.

I don't really understand your message? I answered every question that was asked of me and I was not absent for 10 days (last answer on 03/31 and today on 04/02).

and what is a mystery? I describe my problem several times: I have a powerful dedicated server but when I open an 11th MT5, all my MT5s become very very slow (or maybe all windows I will check this point which was asked of me) while I use less than 10% of cpu and memory.
I currently have an amd server, but I had the exact same problem with my intel server.

Reason: