MT4 & MT5 EAs: need both to trade with same funds

I have two EAs: one for MT4 & one for MT5. I need them both to trade with the same balance /deposit so that growth is unified and not divided. Does anyone know if I can do this? and how?

Much appreciated.

One account, two terminals, one EA on each.

@William Roeder #: One account, two terminals, one EA on each.

I think you mean two accounts, one for MT4 and another for MT5. You can't have one account for both!

Fernando Carreiro #:

I think you mean two accounts, one for MT4 and another for MT5. You can't have one account for both!

So the only way is to re-code one so that they are both in the same MQL language?

afarias0616 #: So the only way is to re-code one so that they are both in the same MQL language?

No! They are all separate!

For the MT4, you would have a MT4 terminal running on a MT4 account with an EA coded in MQL4.

For the MT5, you would have a MT5 terminal running on a MT5 account with an EA coded in MQL5.

They will NEVER be EXACTLY the same. They will only be approximately equivalent, as the two accounts will be for different platforms and their data feeds may be slightly different, and the liquidity will be different, and the execution time will be different and therefore the orders can be filled slightly differently. The resulting positions will be slightly different.

Also the funds (balance, equity, free margin) for each account will be separate of each other.

EDIT: You can make an EA that is coded to compile on both MQL4 and MQL5 and share code so that it will work as similarly as possible on both platforms, but they will never be exactly the same because the two platforms work differently.

You could also use a copy trader.

On one platform you set up a demo account, you use a trade copy utility from market to copy the trades to the other MT version.

This way you would have both EAs results on one account.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No! They are all separate!

For the MT4, you would have a MT4 terminal running on a MT4 account with an EA coded in MQL4.

For the MT5, you would have a MT5 terminal running on a MT5 account with an EA coded in MQL5.

They will NEVER be EXACTLY the same. They will only be approximately equivalent, as the two accounts will be for different platforms and their data feeds may be slightly different, and the liquidity will be different, and the execution time will be different and therefore the orders can be filled slightly differently. The resulting positions will be slightly different.

Also the funds (balance, equity, free margin) for each account will be separate of each other.

EDIT: You can make an EA that is coded to compile on both MQL4 and MQL5 and share code so that it will work as similarly as possible on both platforms, but they will never be exactly the same because the two platforms work differently.
Thank you Fernándo. Very useful.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
You could also use a copy trader.

On one platform you set up a demo account, you use a trade copy utility from market to copy the trades to the other MT version.

This way you would have both EAs results on one account.
Appreciate the info. Dominik.
Reason: