Does anyone know how this happened? - page 4

vahid63 #:
As i said before, this problem occurred at all hours, not just midnight. 
Okay, I think you should compare few broker and check with them, maybe other good option don't have this issue.

Lim Kah Keing #:
Okay, I think you should compare few broker and check with them, maybe other good option don't have this issue.
No need to compare with other brokers. I placed two same sell limit order in two accounts to see what will happen. The result was amazing. The orders had same limit price and same t/p. But they were opened and closed with very different prices. The order which was in normal account work correctly but the order which was in manipulated account opened and closed at worse price. Even if they opened and closed at different prices but followed the rules of the market, there is no problem. But the order on manipulated account broken the market rules in limit orders and opened and closed at worse prices. See attached image.
Files:
compare.jpg  458 kb

Enrique Dangeroux #:
It does not explain slippage. Limit order by definition should not slip. At least not negative.

Not right, slip can be in both directions, and the server isnt that fast as the market sometimes

Metatrader has a bid price chart. So even there is a spread widing, you should see the bid price always correct.

amando #:

Not right, slip can be in both directions, and the server isnt that fast as the market sometimes

Please study how a limit order works. Than you will understand why it is called a limit order.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

Please study how a limit order works. Than you will understand why it is called a limit order.

You're right.. If he was trading on an exchange and his order was in the order book.

MT4/MT5 treat "Limit" orders the same as stop orders.. i.e. once breached they become market orders.. Limits are just as likely as stops to have slippage in MT4/MT5

Try putting buy and sell limits around a market just before a major news release - you will get slippage, guaranteed.

Lachlan Meakin #:

You're right.. If he was trading on an exchange and his order was in the order book.

MT4/MT5 treat "Limit" orders the same as stop orders.. i.e. once breached they become market orders.. Limits are just as likely as stops to have slippage in MT4/MT5

Try putting buy and sell limits around a market just before a major news release - you will get slippage, guaranteed.

Even if we accept that limit orders become as market orders, there are still 2 questions:

1- The price at which the position was opened، was not the market price at that moment. Even minutes before the opening of the trade until minutes after, the market price did not reach the price with which the position was opened. The volume was as small as possible so that it did not need slippage to fill. If a position is opened at a price on the trading platform, the chart must have reached that price.

2- Another position was opened correctly from another account. Why was that position opened at the correct price, but this position was opened at the wrong price?

Even I ignore the fact that my orders were opening properly until I got some good profitable trades and then the problems started.

Lachlan Meakin #:

It is not a MT4/5 thing. It is a broker thing. The broker where i trade with over 20k trades there has been zero negative slip with limits, and i only trade limits.

A limit is a limit, if it bcomes a market, you getting screwed over.

If a limit order is to be opened at a worse price for any reason, why are the limit order and stop order defined? Why don't both merge together so that there is only one order type?

vahid63 #:
If a limit order is to be opened at a worse price for any reason, why are the limit order and stop order defined? Why don't both merge together so that there is only one order type?

Your pending sell order was set when somebody, somewhere did decide to buy some usdjpy.

The market did look for the available usdjpy sellers at that moment (low volatility), and finally fulfilled HIS buy order with YOUR pending sell ; it's him who got slipped, but he didn't suffer of. 

Reason: