How to stop repainting of multi time frame indicator.

So I have what seems to be a tricky indicator. to code.  On the 5 min time frame I have a multi RSI indicator of 15 min and 30 min. On the 5 min chart when either the 15 min or 30 min RSI goes into an overbought area (above 70 level) then I have an arrow paint on the 5 min chart.

So to trade , I would enter a buy on the close of that 1st 5 min candle where the RSI on the 15 min or 30 min went above the 70 level. 

The "problem" I encounter is if this happened on say the 9:05 - 5 min candle and I enter on 9:10 then when the 15 min min candle opens at 9:15 then on the 5 min chart the arrow moves back to 9:00 so it "repaints" basically..

What I am trying to achieve is "record" the values of the 15 min and 30 min on the 5 min candle close.... So once the 5 min candle closes and the RSI on the 15 min or 30 min time frame was above the 70 level, then "lock" in that value on the 5 min and only record into the future the next 5 min candle what is happening on the 15 min and 30 min.

So my question is, is there anyone out there who is able to advise me on how to achieve this?

Change the rsi indicator of 30M to Alert again once a new bar exists and your conditions met

Same for the 15M one

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien:

So I have what seems to be a tricky indicator. to code.  On the 5 min time frame I have a multi RSI indicator of 15 min and 30 min. On the 5 min chart when either the 15 min or 30 min RSI goes into an overbought area (above 70 level) then I have an arrow paint on the 5 min chart.

So to trade , I would enter a buy on the close of that 1st 5 min candle where the RSI on the 15 min or 30 min went above the 70 level. 

The "problem" I encounter is if this happened on say the 9:05 - 5 min candle and I enter on 9:10 then when the 15 min min candle opens at 9:15 then on the 5 min chart the arrow moves back to 9:00 so it "repaints" basically..

What I am trying to achieve is "record" the values of the 15 min and 30 min on the 5 min candle close.... So once the 5 min candle closes and the RSI on the 15 min or 30 min time frame was above the 70 level, then "lock" in that value on the 5 min and only record into the future the next 5 min candle what is happening on the 15 min and 30 min.

So my question is, is there anyone out there who is able to advise me on how to achieve this?

Without showing your code attempt, it is difficult to see what you are doing and how to advise you with the issue.

Here is the code..

[*.ex4 file was deleted by moderator]

Sorry it's the indicator that I had coded. 

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien #: Here is the code..
That is an executable file, not a source code file. We can't analyse that.

Fernando Carreiro #:
That is an executable file, not a source code file. We can't analyse that.

I'll get it from the guy who coded it and post it soon, thanks

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien #: I'll get it from the guy who coded it and post it soon, thanks

Your post seemed to insinuate the you were the one coding it and thus required our assistance.

But if it is someone else coding it, then let them figure it out or ask for assistance themselves.

There is no use us helping you out if you are then unable to apply it, or to instruct them about it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Your post seemed to insinuate the you ware the one coding it and thus required our assistance.

But if it is someone else coding it, then let them figure it out or ask for assistance themselves.

There is no use us helping you out if you are not then unable to apply it, or to instruct them about it.

Well for what it's worth here it is if you'd like to have a look... seeing he can't code what I'm I'm looking for where do you suggest I find help with this then?

Files:
source_code.zip  14 kb

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien #: Well for what it's worth here it is if you'd like to have a look... seeing he can't code what I'm I'm looking for where do you suggest I find help with this then?

It only makes sense to look at the code and offer advice if you were the one coding it, not a 3rd party. The reality of things is that if your coder is unable to do this, then they are not competent enough for the job and you should hire someone else. If the coder was serious about their job, they would be the ones here asking for the advice, not you as the customer and not a coder.

After looking at the code, I can say this — your coder is a fraud. The code was build with a generator named "EABuilder" which simply generates code based on visual selections on a website. Not only is this "generator" well known for producing very bad code, but no self respecting programmer would use such a thing for a customer hiring their services.

Given the bad code it produces and the fact that you are paying for the job with a "coder" that does not know what they are doing, we cannot help you much with this when neither you nor the "coder" know how to fix it, even if we give you the required advice.

By way, here is another post I made about a similar circumstances with another user.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

EA executing orders badlly in netting account with future contracts

Fernando Carreiro, 2021.06.24 21:42

If the developer does not have enough experience or knowledge about netting accounts, don't you think it should be his responsibility to inform himself and do the necessary research, given that he accepted the job to do so?

Having the client/customer do the research for him, does not make sense, since the customer does not have the necessary knowledge or experience to be able to ask the right questions or even understand the possible answers.

If need be, he needs to dedicate some time to testing his EA in that environment himself. He can easily ask you to provide a clean demo account on your broker, for him to test the EA and experiment and do the necessary research to resolve the issue.

Plus you are paying the developer and not the other way round!

This is my opinion as a developer. I would never allow for a customer to have to research things for me. If I accept a job, it is my responsibility to know how to do it, and if I encounter something I don't know, I go about researching it, even if I come out at a loss. It is my responsibility as the developer.

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien #: I'll get it from the guy who coded it

MT4: Learn to code it.
MT5: Begin learning to code it.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

Reason: