How to stop repainting of multi time frame indicator. - page 2

Louis Joseph Joselyn Chretien #:

Well for what it's worth here it is if you'd like to have a look... seeing he can't code what I'm I'm looking for where do you suggest I find help with this then?

// limit bars must be minimum number of bars of the highest timeframe being used to 'not repaint' 
   if (limit < PERIOD_M30 / _Period) limit=(PERIOD_M30 / _Period)+1; // +1 because limit-1 for loop

This will update the minimum  of 6 bars for M30 viewed on M5  timeframe.

That is also sufficient for the M15 timeframe.

Files:

maximo #:

This will update the minimum  of 6 bars for M30 viewed on M5  timeframe.

That is also sufficient for the M15 timeframe.

Thanks so much Maximo for your comment. Taking the time to answer my question....1st useful comment on this post so far.... This forum unfortunately is made made up of useless old farts are are more interested in stamping their authority on people coming to here asking for any kind of help or advise. I am yet to have a positive experience on this forum asking any kind of question without being shot down by idiots who have nothing better to do with their time than run people down. I pity newcomers coming here asking for help....

What my friend and I have decided is to create an EA instead and by so doing "catch" the values of the 15 min and 30 min on the 5 min "candle. We were hoping to create an indicator for the visual effect for manual trading. 

I will pass on your comment to him and see what he can do with it. The reason I am here on this forum is because it is me who wants to achieve this and the EA builder works just fine ...... no fraud involved...... for an indicator it works perfect...

MY... our issues was just that the arrows jump around obviously because you are using higher time frames on the 5min. I just wanted to somehow prevent that so that when you look at the chart for manual trading it helps.

Cleary MQL5 is not the place to ask basic simple questions because the 'big guns' here have no other hobbies in life other than give out useful comments.

Thanks again for kind , sweet and short answer ... very much appreciate indeed. Some good people here on the forum at least..... there's yet hope for newcomers. 

Reason: