MQL5 VPS problem - page 3

Sergey Golubev #:

1.MT4 can connect to trading account without MQL5 VPS? If MQL5 VPS does not work so MT4 should work and connected to trading account, right?
So, MT4 is working fine connected to the trading account ... right? Because if not so it is issue related to the broker (broker disabled some server for traders or rename the server, or any other action).

2.Can you move your subscription from one MQL5 VPS server to the other MQL5 VPS server using this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

There is "Change server" ... so it is changing MQL5 VPS server from bad one to new one.
Did anyone try that?

3.What is written in MT4 journal/logs?
"not connected to hosting server" or something ...?

---------------------------

I may report about this issue to the service desk but I need to understand ... because they will ask ...
Because if I do not understand so - how can I report? I do not have MQL5 VPS now but my demo trading account stopped working for me (and I lost good stats for EA's trading) ... and I do not have MQL5 VPS ...

So I conclusion the issue right now:

1). Those account subscribed to the MQL5 VPS, those MT4 get "Unspecified Error" and cannot start up after you closed it.

2). The VPS still working, the VPS server name become korea wording , and it is Free right now, $0.00 for 1 month, 3 months.

3). We cannot use another MT4 to log in the account which is subscribed to the MQL VPS, move to another MT4, another MT4 get infected.

4). The MQL VPS icon disappeared from the "Navigator", mean it looks like you never subscribe for any MQL VPS.

5). There's no issue from the MQL VPS subscription page, we can manage the VPS Start,Stop,Change Server,Change account etc, but the VPS host name all is korea word.

*You can right click on your account in Navigator, and choose the "Register a Virtual Server", then you can see it is free, and the VPS server is korean word.

Files:
Capture.PNG  61 kb

ALC #:

We can move the subscription to another server, but those accounts are subscribed to MQL VPS, are unable to open the MT4. example : 1001 is account number which subscribed to MQL VPS, even though I tried to log in this account at another MT4 terminal, with logged in the MQL Community, the MT4 will become "Unspecified error", if you closed the terminal and restart again, that terminal get infected and cannot start up. If you move to another MT4 again, then another MT4 will get infected again.

This is not the brokers issue I'm sure, I subscribed with IC Markets & FTMO both having same issue. 

MQL5 VPS is an other Metatrader in cloud, and it is not affected on our Metatrader which was installed on our home computer.
Because MQL5 VPS is an other Metatrader (which we can not see and which is located somewhere "in cloud").

Because I have two demo account with one broker, and those demo accounts stopped working, and I am lucky that it is demo account (not real/live accounts) ...
and I do not have MQL5 VPS.

So, it may be related to the broker.

------------------

1.MT4 works without MQL5 VPS? For example, if you start demo account with IC Markets (and this account is not connected with VPS) - will MT4 work?
If not so it is related to the broker.

2.Did you try to change MQL5 VPS subscription from one trading account to an other one?

Sergey Golubev #:

MQL5 VPS is not related to the trading account.
Because MQL5 VPS is an other Metatrader in cloud, and it is not affected on our Metatrader which was installed on our home computer.

Because I have two demo account with one broker, and those demo accounts stopped working, and I am lucky that it is demo account (not real/live accounts) ...
and I do not have MQL5 VPS.

So, it may be related to the broker.

------------------

1. MT4 works without MQL5 VPS? For example, of you start demo account with IC Markets (and this account is not connected with VPS) - will MT4 work?
If not so it is related to the broker.

2. Did you try to change MQL5 VPS subscription from one trading account to an other one?

Please you can use a demo account and register a VPS, it is totally free of charge right now, then you will know the issue. The issue is following the account which subscribed to the VPS.

The MT4 will work fine if you log in with the account didn't subscribe to the VPS.

I did not change the trading account, only change the server.

Sergey Golubev #:

1.MT4 can connect to trading account without MQL5 VPS? If MQL5 VPS does not work so MT4 should work and connected to trading account, right?
So, MT4 is working fine connected to the trading account ... right? Because if not so it is issue related to the broker (broker disabled some server for traders or rename the server, or any other action).

2.Can you move your subscription from one MQL5 VPS server to the other MQL5 VPS server using this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

There is "Change server" ... so it is changing MQL5 VPS server from bad one to new one.
Did anyone try that?

3.What is written in MT4 journal/logs?
"not connected to hosting server" or something ...?

---------------------------

I may report about this issue to the service desk but I need to understand ... because they will ask ...
Because if I do not understand so - how can I report? I do not have MQL5 VPS now but my demo trading account stopped working for me (and I lost good stats for EA's trading) ... and I do not have MQL5 VPS ...

I tried changing server, but all of my current host servers got changed to Korean or Chinese characters that I can't read, and the drop down list for changing host servers is all the same, so changing host servers isn't an option if we can't read them. There are three other threads created tonight with people having the same problem in this forum. Our MT5 accounts with MQL5 VPS work, but the host is in another language. And all of the MT4 accounts with MQL5 VPS say "unspecified error" and after that will never open again without reinstalling or deleting all the .ini files and config and starting over. Once you log into MQL5 on a clean MT4 install, the same dreaded "unspecified error" comes back and MT4 is toast again. This is for multiple users, multiple computers, multiple brokers, etc. The only thing in common is an MQL5 VPS for the MT4s accounts that are broke. It is system wide from what I can see and totally on MQL5's side, not our computers or brokers. There is nothing written to Windows Event Viewer for crash logs, but in the MT4 folder there are some logs. This is the only error I see:

1  17:21:27.662  Initialization failed [10042]
1  17:21:27.664  MQL Base: failed connect to server
0  17:21:28.079  Eightcap MT4 build 1356 stopped

All MQL5 VPS server names changed to Chinese scrip. I thinks mt4 has a problem with Unicode or something like that so it crashes because of the Chinese script.

1). Those account subscribed to the MQL5 VPS, those MT4 get "Unspecified Error" and cannot start up after you closed it.

It is typical error in trading account related to the broker. Yes, I have same situation but I do not have VPS.
It is related to the broker. Most likely - the broker changed the name of the server.

My case (and I do not have MQL5 VPS):

3). We cannot use another MT4 to log in the account which is subscribed to the MQL VPS, move to another MT4, another MT4 get infected.

Means - trading account is not connected with MQL5 VPS ... because of some issue with trading account, right?

4). The MQL VPS icon disappeared from the "Navigator", mean it looks like you never subscribe for any MQL VPS.

It may be because some issue with trading account (or trading server) for broker.

aaronpriest #:

1  17:21:27.662  Initialization failed [10042]
1  17:21:27.664  MQL Base: failed connect to server
0  17:21:28.079  Eightcap MT4 build 1356 stopped

"failed connect to server" - it is related to the broker's server.
It means - trading account can not connect to the server of the broker (with VPS or without VPS).
Broker's issue ...

Anyway, I will report  to the service desk now about this issue (but it is still unclear to me about where this issue is coming from).
I hope the service desk will check this situation (I will provide the link to this thread for them).

Sergey Golubev #:

It is typical error in trading account related to the broker. Yes, I have same situation but I do not have VPS.
It is related to the broker. Most likely - the broker changed the name of the server.

My case (and I do not have MQL5 VPS):

Means - trading account is not connected with MQL5 VPS ... because of some issue with trading account, right?

It may be because some issue with trading account (or trading server) for broker.

I have another account with same broker, same server, without VPS subscription, works fine.

Also, there's no issue with FTMO. One of my account is from FTMO, and nobody report this issue with FTMO.

Sergey Golubev #:

"failed connect to server" - it is related to the broker's server.
It means - trading account can not connect to the server of the broker (with VPS or without VPS).
Broker's issue ...

No sir. This is only happening if you have MQL5 VPS on that account. Same broker is fine if you don’t. It is NOT broker related. 
Reason: