The longer the time range, the more errors in Strategy Tester

Hello all, I have a slight concern I am running into. There is this EA I am testing on the strategy tester

The issue:

I set the strategy tester to run from 17/05/2021 until 16/05/2022, the EA seems to work just fine but only until near the end the EA does not follow the logic.

What I have done:

So I said to myself, okay ? Maybe I need to polish the code a bit better. Therefore, I polished it using re enforced conditions to make sure the EA works solid throughout. 

However, this seems to be an occuring problem.

My solution:

So I said, fine, okay you know what, let me try to see what is the actual problem by lowering the time range from 01/05/2022 to 16/05/2022. And guess what ?

THE EA FOLLOWED THE LOGIC !

So I am not thoroughly aware of the usefulness of the strategy tester because it seemed to follow logic when I shortened the time span. A bit of description on both tests I did below.

90% modelling quality on both analysis of  17/05/2021 until 16/05/2022 and 01/05/2022 to 16/05/2022

30 trades done on the   17/05/2021 until 16/05/2022 analysis and 9 trades on the  01/05/2022 to 16/05/2022

Please let me know your thoughts on this, thank you. 

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Judging from your previous posts, you are using MT4. That being said, unless you use 3rd party tools and 3rd party tick data, the modelling quality in MT4's Strategy Tester is very poor.

I suggest you focus on learning to code for MQL5 and use MetaTrader 5 instead.

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
    Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. You must find history covering your test, your tester timeframe and all lower timeframes.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Judging from your previous posts, you are using MT4. That being said, unless you use 3rd party tools and 3rd party tick data, the modelling quality in MT4's Strategy Tester is very poor.

I suggest you focus on learning to code for MQL5 and use MetaTrader 5 instead.

Thank you for the suggestion Fernando, I’ve managed to run the code smoothly yesterday. Appreciate the input on the strategy tester for MQL4. 
Reason: