Advisors that work - page 14

Borys Ivanov #:

Yeah :)

I'd like to see this sandpaper from 1998-2003

PapaYozh #:

Why? What is the point of testing a TS designed for one market on another? Or are you hoping that there is a TS that works in all markets?

Georgiy Merts #:

Why? What is the point of testing a TS designed for one market on another? Or are you hoping that there is a TS that works in all markets?

Price moves the same way in any market: up and down and up and down. And everywhere else it goes to the right.

What difference does it make where to check?

Georgiy Merts #:

On what "other"?

The NQ100 is in the screenshots, and I suggest to look at it, but not at a period of constant growth.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

In any market, the price moves the same way: up, down, up, down. And everywhere else it goes to the right.

What difference does it make where to check?

Where does it move the same way? Look at two charts - today's and 20 years ago - on the same scale. The difference will be significant.

Unless, of course, you think there are systems that will both be successful - then, yes. You have to check both there and there.

But I've never seen any such system. Therefore - those systems that work now - probably will not work at the site of twenty years ago.

So you check it out. You'll see that it doesn't work. И ?

PapaYozh #:

What "other"?

There's an NQ100 in the screenshots, that's what I'm suggesting to look at, but not at a period of constant growth.

Yes, I understand that.

The question - why use the system that is designed to work during the growth period, in the flat period? Isn't it easier to use two different systems? One for growth, and one for flat? When the growth period is over - put the flat system. The flat period is over - I set a trend system.

It seems to me that the system should "follow the market" like clothes "according to the weather".

In winter you should dress warmly. In summer - light. In autumn, take an umbrella and boots. And checking the systems here and there, it's like looking for clothes that would be equally comfortable in a forty-degree frost and in a forty-degree heat, in drizzling rain in the mud and in a spring green meadow... Do you think you can find one?

Georgiy Merts #:

Question - why would a system that is designed to work in a growth period be used in a flat period? Wouldn't it be easier to have two different systems? One for growth, the other for flat? When the growth period is over - I implemented the flying system. The flat period ended - I set the trend system.

It wasn't a flat. The growth was replaced by the fall.

Georgiy Merts #:

You should dress warmly in winter. In summer you should dress lightly. In autumn, you need an umbrella and boots. And checking the systems here and there, it's like looking for clothes that are equally comfortable in a forty-degree frost or in a forty-degree heat, in drizzling rain in the mud or in a spring green meadow... Do you think you'll find one?

Of course there is: animals wear the same clothes in winter and summer ;)

PapaYozh #:

There was no flat. There the rise was replaced by a fall.

Of course you will: animals wear the same clothes in winter and summer ;)

Well no... If you have dogs living outside - every spring you'll see that they "change clothes" - the undercoat will come out in huge shreds. In autumn they'll grow back.

Even trees "change clothes" for the winter for the most part.

But, if you think you can find such a system - go ahead, I envy you... You will have the Grail.

Boris Gulikov #:

This is impressive, but the bot is only buying, not shorting.

The global trend will change and he will sell everything. After all, he's a netminder.

That's why, it's just adjusting to the story, nothing more.

He's shorting, but there are no entries on this instrument.

He's not a short-seller, he's only allowed one trade open.

No fit and optimisation, but yes it's very tight.

PapaYozh #:

I have no history, for that period

Reason: