The great and terrible MT4 forever (or how to strategise a transition) - page 4

PapaYozh:

I seePositionSelect where Symbol is passed as a parameter. The majik can only be obtained from the selected position. But how can we get, say, 3 different positions from the specified symbol?

PS. I don't mean different positions, they should be unidirectional, but formed by different algorithms.

PositionGetTicket in the loop as in MT4 from 0 toPositionsTotal

The order logic will be the same as in 4, but I'm writing this if I wanted to switch to MT5 )))

Igor Makanu:

PositionGetTicket in a loop as in MT4 from 0 toPositionsTotal

The logic will be the same as in 4, but I would like to switch to MT5 )))

Well, ok. I'll have a look, of course.

PapaYozh:

There is no concept of a position in quadruplets. There are open orders, they are independent, and each order can have its own majik.

There are no open or closed orders in an exchange. This is a simplification of 4. There are orders-orders, or in fact requests to do something. A request to open a position is an order to open a position. Then a Deal is the action itself to open a position. It has an order ticket and a deal ticket in its attributes. And it has a result. It has a success or a failure. And then a position appears which also has its own ticket in the order ticket attributes.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

There are no open or closed orders in the exchange. This is a simplification of 4ka. There are orders, or rather requests to do/execute something. A request to open a position is an order to open a position. Then a Deal is the action itself to open a position. It has an order ticket and a deal ticket in its attributes. And it has a result. It has a success or a failure. And then the position appears, which also has its own ticket in the order ticket attributes.

CA is not a stock exchange and Forex is not a market.

And your answer is off-topic. It's like someone saying "I've accounted for water in buckets of different volumes and I have an algorithm built on that" and you start explaining that it's in a common tank and it's OK.

PapaYozh:

DC is not a stock exchange, forex is not a market.

Right... the chicken is not the bird.........

PapaYozh:

Well, okay. I'll have a look, of course.

there was an example in OrderSend help of how to delete MT4 pending orders... in mt5 they are called orders and positions --> mt4 market orders

there is no problem, i have already written about it ))))

the only thing is to write more code - even close all market orders and delete all Mt4 pending orders - in MT5 you will write 2 cycles, now they are orders and positions ;)

PapaYozh:

DC is not a stock exchange, forex is not a market.

No comment ))))

Igor Makanu:

there was an example in the OrderSend help of how to delete MT4 pending orders... in MT5 they are called orders and positions --> MT4 market orders

there is no problem, i have already written about it ))))

the only thing is to write more code - even close all market orders and delete Mt4 pending orders - in MT5 you will write 2 cycles, now they are orders and positions ;)

And if you learn to scratch your left ear with right little finger you may try to do it in one cycle. :-))) I think it might work.

Alexey Viktorov:

Yeah... the chicken is not a bird.........

The DC and forex stuff is just platitudes. If forex were a market, exchange rates would be as volatile as bitcoin.

Alexey Viktorov:

And if you learn to scratch your left ear with your right little finger, you can try to do it in one cycle. :-))) I think it might work.

Don't you have anyone to talk to?

Reason: